USA, Oklahoma | Jehovah's Witness church elder Ronald Lawrence arrested over sex abuse claims dating back to 1980s

by jwleaks 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tech49
    Tech49

So they knew, in 2005, that he had molested children in the past. Per his own words, he admitted it to them. Then, at some point they reinstated him. Then, as mentioned, they appointed him as an MS, then later as an elder?

Instructions when appointing an elder are to ask several questions of the intended appointee, including one ..."have you ever abused children..." or something similar. The instructions clearly state that if he answers YES, then he is not to be appointed. So then did the elders just assume that this was soooo long ago that it didnt bear importance anymore? Or did HQ not feel it important, as they are the ones to determine whether someone is an actual "molester", as per instructions to the elders (BOE 2010 or 2011). Not one elder had the balls to call the cops. Spineless, and sackless. Obviously WT HQ gave the green light for his appointment, after mulling it over in heartfelt prayer. The body recommended him, the CO agreed, and the Holy Spirit appointed him. Really? Then arent they all equal sharer's in the cover up and punishable by law? ALL of them need to be included in a lawsuit.

Shame on that body of elders, and shame on WT HQ and its fake "policies" that do NOT protect victims. Shame shame. Sounds to me like there are a few more grown ups that need to be taken in for some alone time in the janitors closet of the state pen...

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

according to the elder's book, appointments can be made as long as it is not "known" by the congo that he is a pedophile. Incredible

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I sure hope they prosecute the elders he confessed to!! These elders need to learn if they protect these freaking creeps they too will go down with them!!!

Im sorry but these cases always hit me hard. I know what it does to the victims and their families, I know how it destroyes their trust in everyone.

How many lives were destroyed by this ONE creep?? too many!

So now that he's 76 year old he finally has to pay for his crimes?

SICK!!

• VM44
    VM44

"As it is believed the bible was written under inspiration of the holy spirit they can say he was appointed by holy spirit."

The Watchtower uses this reasoning.

But consider this illustration. Suppose that I obtain a book on medicine written by a Doctor A, and that I follow the instructions in it concerning writing a prescription.

Two questions could be asked.

1) Can the perscription that I wrote be considered as being written by Doctor A?

2) Can the perscription that I wrote even be considered as being written under the direction of Doctor A?

The answer to both questions is "No."

The same answer applies to whether the Holy Spirit appoints elders.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you jwleaks. Makes one wonder how many other JW elders fit Ronald Lawrence's creepy profile!

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

Oklahoma

Criminal Statute of Limitations

Statute of Limitations Period: Discovery + 12 years for felonies

3 years after offense for other offenses

Tolling: Yes

Exceptions Yes

12-Year Statute of Limitations for Felony Sexual Offenses; All Others 3 Years : A 12-year statute of limitations exists for sexual offenses against minors that are classified as felonies after discovery of the offense. Discovery means the date that the crime against a minor was reported, or one year after the victim turns 18. For all other offenses, there is a 3-year statute of limitations after the date of the offense. Okla. Stat. Ann. 22, § 152(C)(1), (H), (F) (2008).

Oklahoma

Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 10A, § 1-2-101 (LexisNexis through 2012 1st Reg. Sess.)

Every person having reason to believe that a child under age 18 is a victim of abuse or neglect shall report the matter promptly to the Department of Human Services.
    No privilege or contract shall relieve any person from the requirement of reporting pursuant to this section.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/clergymandated.pdf

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/clergymandated.cfm

• Watchtower-Free
  • Tech49
    Tech49

UPDATE: from the local news station in Oklahoma. Dear poor brother Lawrence was released on bail. Holy Spirit directed some kind soul to post his $50,000 bond. On another note, one of the victims' lawyers told reporters that he is working with multiple victims in this case.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is simply a case of "victims" lashing out against Jehovah's chosen ones. The Stars or Revelation and the Duke's/ gifts in men, will always be targets of Satan. The real victim here is the reputation of this Elder. He worked his whole life to help others, and now look at the damage done. The WTBTS is also being victimized, and Jehovah's name is being dragged through the mud with this yellow journalism. The TRUTH will be revealed in time.

DD

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Are you serious DD, surely you're comments are a send up! If so I laugh with you, if not ....help us all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit