Thoughts....

by somebody 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• somebody
    somebody

Good evening all,

This is just some more "stuff" printed in the Kingdom Ministry by the Jesus-led incorporated printing business, for all the publishers who work for them and contribute to making them worth multi-millions to read and follow before attending an assembly/convention.
    5/99/ KM

Lately, building managers and food vendors in the facilities where our conventions are held have observed some brothers leaving the auditorium to purchase food from street vendors and fast-food establishments nearby. Some of the food vendors in the convention facilities being used are now demanding that they be allowed to open their food stands and serve the delegates attending our conventions. If this were permitted, many worldly people would be mixing in company with us during the day.

A few paragraphs down, in the SAME Kingdom Ministry...

Because we welcome the public to our conventions,it is wise to take precautions regarding children and personal belongings. Our children are a precious gift from Jehovah. But we know that the world reflects Satan's predatory nature.
    In one sentence they say that they don't want "worldly people" mixing in their company during the day, ( I guess the life-saving good news/rich spiritual food they are supposed to be spreading ain't really for "wordly" people to hear.) and in the next they say that the "public" is WELCOME.

What is the difference between "worldly people" and "the public" according to the JW understanding? NONE !

And I don't even know where to start about them telling members to "take precautions" regarding their children. I can't even begin!

peace,
    somebody

• Beans
    Beans

Imagine if someones Watchtower was stolen at the convention and then they became a Witness, the right up on that story would give new light on stealing!

Beans

• ronin1
    ronin1

This is Ronin1

Let's get to the real problem here. The WT org does not want worldly
    vendors at the convention sites not because they are afraid we will mix with them. It's our money they do not want to mix with the vendors.

They want our monies to go to the contribution boxes only.!!! Seeeeee?

No outside vendors. Monies stay in the org.

Get it now?????

Ronin1

• LDH
    LDH

Ummm....Ronin, I'm thinking it was a rhetorical question. I'm sure Somebody knows well why.

Welcome.

G, at least I have the excuse "I was born into this cult." LOL.

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Because we welcome the public to our conventions,it is wise to take precautions regarding children and personal belongings. Our children are a precious gift from Jehovah. But we know that the world reflects Satan's predatory nature.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how the two-faced scumbags imply that because wordly persons are in attendance, their children may be under under some sort of threat... LMAO!! Should be more weary of their so-called righteous associates... And as for the insinuation about their possessions being nicked...

This is my first post here, as you can see, been lurking for a while, and finally felt like contributing my 2p's worth. Hi to you all!

• outnfree
    outnfree

LOL at Lisa and Ronin1 --

But of course it is zee wicked, worldly vendors wit' whom we must not meex. Zey have no gold stars on zaire badges, so zey must not have h'our gold. Hunh, hunh, hunh!!!

Zee wicked, worldly peoples who want to leesten to zee dreevel frum zee platform? Zey are welcome (even zo we know zey may be t'eeves! -- or wursse!). [8>]

Ummm....
    Welcome to the Board, Fatal Error. I see the dam on posting has broken -- yeah!!!!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• avengers
    avengers

Thank you for posting these interesting thoughts.
    Since I don't attend meetings or go into the fieldservice I don't get to see many KM's.
    So this is what they are "feeding" the great crowd.
    I bet the vendors have better food than does "the slave".
    So the only way to compete is to get rid of them.
    Typical WT policy.

• SYN
    SYN

Hehe, gotta love the Tower's writing dept., first paragraph says they don't want worldly people mixing with the Sheep, then the next paragraph says the public is welcome! Damnit, make up your mind already!

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

SYn You're a hoot. In the last three threads I have opened you have been the last post and your comments just crack me up (((SYN))) Thanks for the great start to my day

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• Kristen
    Kristen
    If this were permitted, many worldly people would be mixing in company with us during the day.

I knew it! I used to have a very deep *us* vs *them* perspective as a JW. It's these sorts of quotes that make me realize exactly how the organization molds the thinking of its followers—especially those who don't know any other belief system outside the Truth™.

It took some time before I was able to break down that division in my mind and see everybody as just people.

Thanks for the thoughts, somebody. It's great to see these things from a new objective view.

Kristen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit