The effects of shunning on The View

by Rebecca 619 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Perfectly understandable at his age. Chin up, lady.

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

jgnat, thank you, for your words.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hopefully this clip from The View on the JW shunning can end up on YouTube.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Hopefully his new friends will soon take the place of his supposed "best" friend.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Rebecca, I've had you and your son on my mind. My son and your son should never been df'd and shunned for something they were born with. They have so much they could contribute to the congregations. My other thought are they afraid gay young men will convert the members of the congregation to all being gay. It would never happen.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Marked

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

gma-tired2, i always remember your words to learn to be accepting, and i so apreciate the support i have received from all you wonderful people.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Gayle is right. We need this exposure to show how cruel the WT Soc takes this missunderstood Christian practice.

The Soc takes this practice too far, and really encroach on the rights of family members.

Good for you, Rebecca for offering support.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think The View has their shows on their website, I heard Sherri mention that this morning, as she has a few times before. Her father was disfellowshipped and she's mentioned previously how much it hurt that she was not to scripturally speak to him.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Here's a link- it's season 17 episode 57:

http://watchabc.go.com/the-view/SH559080/VDKA0_2s0kti0j/the-view-1126

(The page says it will expire in 6 days)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit