Do you have smoking ban in your community?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The State of Wisconsin Smoking Law 101.123 went into effect July 5, 2010. The law eliminates smoking in all public places and workplaces. In addition to the well publicized smoking restrictions in restaurants and bars, the following areas also are affected:

INDOOR AREAS

• State Capitol
    • Residence halls of colleges and universities
    • Day care centers
    • Educational facilities
    • Correctional facilities
    • State institutions (mental health, and facilities for the developmentally disabled
    • Sports Arenas of all kinds
    • Public transit
    • Health and medical centers
    • Inpatient health care facilities
    • All retail establishments
    • All bowling centers
    • All skating rinks
    • Private clubs
    • Common areas of multi?unit residential properties
    • Hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and tourist rooming houses
    • All municipal buildings
    • Theaters
    • All other enclosed places other than those listed above that are places of employment or public places

OUTDOOR AREAS

• Immediate vicinity of the State Capital
    • Outside of a day care center when children are present
    • On the grounds of juvenile correction facilities
    • A reasonable distance from smoke?free places and entrances
    • Bus shelters

AREAS THAT ARE EXEMPT FROM THE BAN

• Private residences
    • Certain residence rooms in assisted living facilities which are designated as smoking
    • Tobacco retailers who generate more than 75% of its revenue from the sale of tobacco not including cigarettes and in existence before 6/30/09
    • Tobacco bars which generate 15% or more of its revenue from the sale of cigars or pipe tobacco and in existence before 6/30/09 (vending machines are not included)
    • Areas that are outdoors and are considered unenclosed per applicable definition

• DJS
    DJS

The state where I live banned it in public places several years ago. Establishments (bars, etc.) which exclude those under 21 from either entering or working can allow it. I am very glad. Smoking is disgusting and smokers are among the rudest. In the U.S. I believe the smoking rate is down to about 17 - 18 percent of the population, which is great. I'm also glad healthcare is starting to charge smokers more for insurance premiums, as they should. I"m also sick of subsidizing the idiots who ruin thier lungs/health over decades by their own poor choices, and smoking is one of the worst.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This post would have more meaning if you identified the state /county or even country you live in .Here in Victoria, Australia smoking is banned in pubs , clubs , restuarants etc. except for designated areas , which are usually outside or at the extremity of a building .

smiddy

• not bitter
    not bitter

They have to go out doors to the smoking shelter where I work but when they get back in the lift with you after they stink to high heaven. I have ended up telling a few how bad they stink.

I know its rude of me but not as rude as they are infecting my breathing air. I also say it in the hope that it will humiliate them so much they will consider giving up.

I dispise it. And I'm married to a smoker!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I live in a state where tobacco was the King crop

Years ago, the public schools in my county had smokin' sections to allow students

14 years old and up a place to smoke

I don't know if or when they had a ban on minors when it came to the purchase of such

All I know, now that I look back , it would seem rediculous to allow

an under aged youth to smoke the very thing they could not purchase

The Gov. in our state catered to the tobacco industry

years ago anyone who ran against a supporter of the tobacco industry

would lose the race

Who would have thought that at one time doctors were said to have endorsed this behavior

It shows that the world ain't such a bad place after all . We do improve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit