How Many Generations From Noah to Abram?

by piztjw 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

So in trying to keep family off my ass I sat in with family "worship" from the Imitate Their Faith book. In chapter three it starts off saying that Abram was ten generations away from Noah. Imagine the looks of anger and frustration I was given when I kept reading the sentence as Abram being ONE generation removed from Noah.

Finally I was interrupted and corrected. "The paragraph says TENTH GENERATION!"

I just laughed and said, "Not according to the governing body and their interpretation of what a generation is. Are YOU going against them? Which is correct? The Bible's explanation of generation, or the governing body's? It can't be BOTH ways, can it?"

I'm going to have to sit in more often. That was fun!

More obvious contradictions in the future.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Lol that's a good one!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Do they claim that Noah was alive when Abraham was or even that due to long life of Noah they were close?

• piztjw
    piztjw

No, I think they said about two years after Noah died Abram was born, but they claim as fact that Noah's son Shem was the only one who taught Abram about God. That claim is based on the simple act of Noah saying, "Blessed be Jehovah the God of Shem". The book made a few more claims that cannot be found in the Bible. It reminds me of a recent conversation where a couple jw's from the KH were oozing with praise for the governing body's great insight on Holy Scripture by filling in many details of the life of Abel...that are nowhere to be found in the Bible. They were awe struck by how "wise" the governing body is to be able to fill those unrecorded details in for the mere mortals who read their books.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Makes me want to puke! if iTS not in the bible then they can't know... Look at their track record with regards stuff that IS in the bible. And the sheep eat it up...

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Love your sense of humor in this. Good luck.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well done pizt. Just one big overlapping generation should cover it. The WTBTS will go on and on. Armaggedon, is round the corner, which corner? Just keep going round the round about 'till you go round the corner. The everlasting corner lol

Kate xx

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nice move!

A generation is a generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit