How Long Will ARMAGEDDON Last?

by Cold Steel 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Armageddon has already happened. Where have you been?

I am perfect and living forever already.

• tec
    tec

And since, like all battles, there will be casualties on both sides, it’s not improper to ask when all these things will be? Or when will this great battle take place?

This is inaccurate. There are not casualties on both sides in the great war of God... "at" ... Armageddon. When 'gog and magog' come against the city God loves (made up of the PEOPLE God loves), after the thousand years, fire from heaven devours them. The ones inside the city are not harmed. There are NO casualties among them.

This battles is also described as the great DAY .

(I believe the wts confuses the great tribulation with armageddon... which unfortunately makes everyone who survives their original armageddon, still subject to this second armageddon, at the end of the thousand years. But there is NO second test; and that is one of the MOST exhausting doctrines, as you cannot just keep up the 'good fight' for one lifetime, but an additional ten (generous) lifetimes... or its death for you anyway; talk about loading people up with burdens)

Peace to you,

tammy

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Armageddon already happened, invisibly, just like Jesus' presence. I thought you knew!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I no longer pray for the death of billions on non-JWs. It is my greatest shame that I ever let my mind be so poisoned.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It's complete BS- you bunch of tossers! Why don't you wake up? Jesus Christ! ...there never will be an Armageddon- it's just words in a stupid old book.

F**k I'm having a bad day.

Sorry- but it's still complete BS. Plan for your f*****g retirement.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

TEC: This is inaccurate. There are not casualties on both sides in the great war of God... "at" ... Armageddon. When 'Gog and Magog' come against the city God loves (made up of the PEOPLE God loves), after the thousand years, fire from heaven devours them. The ones inside the city are not harmed. There are NO casualties among them.

Really? And where do you find this?

How do you know there will be no casualties? Don’t confuse the Gog/Magog battle at the end of the Millennium with the Gog/Magog battle at the beginning? The battle mentioned in Revelation by John is at the end of the Millennium. It will be a quick battle compared to the battle described by Ezekiel in chapters 38-39.

For one thing, the battle Ezekiel describes takes place in the “latter years.” This is usually a reference to the days prior to the Millennium. Second, Ezekiel lists the nations that will come down upon Jerusalem, and they’re all nations that currently surround Jerusalem. The Lord even describes it as a land that was “gathered from many people” and a “land that is brought back from the sword.” Gog also says he will move “upon the people that are gathered out of the nations.” This is clearly the land of Israel.

Also, the Lord addresses Gog directly: “Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?” But the Lord, in prophecy, had never spoken previously about the battle at the end of the Millennium, but he had spoken of the battle that comes just prior to his coming in glory.

And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; so that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence....

During Armageddon, there will be a great earthquake that occurs when the Lord comes to deliver Jerusalem. Yet there is no earthquake associated with the battle at the end of the Millennium. The Lord states that the destruction would be so devastating to Gog that it would take “seven years” for them to burn the munitions. That will not happen at the battle at the end of the Millennium.

Given the above, there is no doubt that the battle of Gog/Magog in Ezekiel is not the same battle that John speaks of at the end of the Millennium.

So why would they be called the same? Because Satan sees the last battle as a mere continuation of his previous battle. Remember that the people living in the days of the Millennium will be eminently familiar with Armageddon, which will be known as the war of Gog and Magog. Just as Caesar became a name used by subsequent emperors, the names Gog and Magog will spur the sense of rebellion in the hearts of the wicked at the end of the Millennium.

Now during the battle of Armageddon, God will raise up two prophets to stand against the Beast (Gog). John writes:

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

John describes the city that the Beast will come against as that “which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt.” That’s Jerusalem, granted? That’s where our Lord was crucified. After three and a half days, John writes:

...the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Here again we see the earthquake. Zechariah speaks of Gog as well, and he places it in the days just before the Millennium. He writes:

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

It’s a tacit admission that Jehovah, who is speaking, says that they [the Jews] shall look upon me, whom they pierced. And when the Jews see the wounds in Jesus’ hands and feet, they will go into mourning. Then the prophet says, essentially, that the Father’s only son is their son, and that his firstborn is their firstborn. In the flesh, Jesus is the Father’s only begotten Son; and in the spirit, he’s his firstborn son, as we are all spiritually the brothers and sisters of Jesus.

Finally, the place of Megiddon (Megiddo) is specifically mentioned. This means that Armageddon is NOTHING like the Jehovah’s Witnesses believe.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It's complete BS -- you bunch of tossers! Why don't you wake up? ...there never will be an Armageddon -- it's just words in a stupid old book.

Perhaps not from the Jehovah's Witness standpoint, but look at the biblical prophesies that have come to pass. In the late 1800s, the Jews began gathering back to Jerusalem from all nations. Prophets have seen that happen all the way to Christ. Then in 1948, Israel was established as a nation. At some future time, I believe, the Turkish Caliphate will be established and then we'll see the Beast (Mahdi) and False Prophet (Islamic Jesus), as Joel Richardson has surmised in his books. All the prophets have said that when you see this kingdom come down on Israel, the coming of the Son of Man will be at hand.

So don't write it off just yet. Prophecy has been holding pretty well...only not JW prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit