Jehovah - the Ultimate Codependent

by Satanus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

He needs you to do his work for him. He needs your complete and whole souled devotion. He needs to be in the first place in peoples lives, ahead of their families and their own needs. He loves sacrifices.

In turn for your total sacrifice, he will look after you and your needs. You did his needs, so he promises to do yours. Textbook codependence.

Doesn't it make more sense for him to do his own stuf, and we humans do ours?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is it any wonder that his ministers are also codependent?

S

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

When I read your post I automatically substitute org , fds, GB, etc for Jehovah because that's all I see now asking for these things.

• hellenback
    hellenback

He does nothing so we are not dependant on him. The bible shows that he gets very angry when we ignore his need to be worshipped & obeyed.

• designs
    designs

The verse that describes the angels singing Holy Holy Holy FOREVER was a little troubling

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I would argue that Jehovah is not codependent but rather he is entirely dependent. He needs your complete and whole souled devotion and to be in the first place in your life and to finance him-or rather the various shamans who claim to represent him, and yet offers nothing in return, except for some vague promises of future happiness and perhaps a good feeling that by worshipping him you are doing something good--a feeling that in reality is being manufactured by you in your own mind.

So I think that God is dependent on us for everything, including his very existence.

• clarity
    clarity

Satanus .... hi where have you been?? We have missed you!

>

Hope you are doing OK!

>

Now for all those who truly believe in god ... no offence to you but...

>

the relationship is kinda like playing dolls. (or trucks).

>

The little girl dresses the doll in clothes she thinks the doll likes, she

makes up a story in her mind about the doll & her! Maybe a tea party where

the doll is having fun ...but then tea is spilled ..DOLL is mad, thinks the girl,

"OK doll you are going to BED!" ....... Doll gets tossed into a little box.

>

Is the doll codependent? No, neither is it dependent. It is all made up!

>

The girl is the only actor in the tea party. The doll .... is just a doll!!!!

>

Can we expect some action from the doll when it awakes? No.

clarity

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree w the commments, also w cyrus the persian.

If this offends worshippers of jehovah/biblegod, its not meant that way. Its taking an idea on human mental health and applying it to the standard western god. He should be able to stand up to this kind of scrutiny.

Hi clarity

I have been travelling. Thanks for your thoughts.

S

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

this struck me as hilarious

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

In other words: if there was devil and he created a God, it would be Jehovah.

Good title for a new thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit