The Ultimate Jehovah's Witness Question??? dun dun DUN

by runForever 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

Did you know that speaking to your bible student in the car while driving home after the meeting counts as a return visit? Of course, going to pick him up to take him to the meeting also counts as a separate return visit. Now imagine if you drive 2 bible students to and from the meeting. Yes, that's 4 return visits! A C.O. revealed as much during a talk when he was encouraging the reporting of return visits. I'm sure thinking JWs in the audience found this glaringly loose, envelope-pushing, figure-fixing, any-excuse-for-a-return-visit mentality coming from an organization higher-up hard to swallow.

• adamah
    adamah

I could tell you the answer, but I'll need a bit more information first: how many donuts were consumed, what exact type, and did any of the donuts have spinkles? If so, what SHAPE were the sprinkles (round, tubular), and were there any multi-colored sprinkles involved?

• Island Man
    Island Man

For many JWs preaching has become a means to an end - the end being to hand in a satisfactory monthly report of hours, magazines, return visits, etc so that the elders don't come asking questions about your lack of performance; and so that you continue to keep your status as regular* and in good standing.

* It just dawned on me that the words regular and irregular are also used to refer to bowel movements. So preaching the Watchtower message every month is poetically analogous to you know what. [@Outlaw, where are you? I need some graphics back up]

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If the tract only exists when observed as Quantum Theory suggests, then it is impossible to know how much time to count.

DD

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

overlapping placements.....sounds good.....almost pioneer hours...!

• steve2
    steve2

The following principle applies - and covers almost any question about field service you care to ask:

Any initiative that inflates time counted is to be applauded, any initiative that deflates time counted, ignored.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Where does the Society leadership justify forcing members to do door to door work? It's NOT in the Bible. It has NO precedent. Apparently the members have let themselves be hogtied into such a movement and rely on magazines instead of the Bible. Haven't they read the book of Acts? John said the gospel would be preached in all nations, and then the end would come. But he didn't say who would do the preaching, and from everything that's been learned about first century Christianity, there's NOTHING to indicate that the general membership would 1) be ordained ministers and 2) that they would go out in twos to preach.

Seventh Day Adventists don't do it. Miller didn't do it. No other religious sect does it and Jesus never told the membership in his day to do it. Instead, elders, priests, teachers, deacons, bishops, seventy and others were called of God and ordained by those in authority. Speaking of the high priesthood, Paul said no one takes this honor unto himself but he who is called of God as was Aaron. (Heb. 5:3) How was Aaron called? See Exodus 28. He was called when God gave Moses a revelation specifically telling him to separate Aaron and his sons and clothe them with holy priesthood garments so he could serve in the priest's office. He had nothing to do with his own calling.

JWs quote Matthew 19, but only the part in red do they quote. What comes before isn't quoted:

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

First, the "eleven" apostles (who were called and ordained) were the ones being addressed. Jesus is worshiped and tells the apostles that "all power" has been given him. The reason is because he is the God of Israel. He told the apostles to go into all the world and to preach the gospel. We know these apostles appointed and ordained bishops and established churches, and that they called missionaries to preach the gospel. But nowhere did he say that baptized members had any priesthood powers or the authority to baptize others.

So all this business of logging hours and going out on weekends to do this preaching is a manmade doctrine and done with no authority whatsoever. So it makes me wonder if someone is baptized into the Society and decides to just go to church and not do missionary work, what would happen? Would they be disfellowshiped or shunned?

Didn't any of you guys ever question all the Pioneer stuff and the recording of hours? Back in the early 70s, JWs would write on the walls of apartment buildings in discreet places showing dates and areas tracted. It would be in the format of something like a tic-tac-toe grid. They still do that?

• free2beme
    free2beme

You count the time from the moment you show up at the Kingdom Hall to the moment you get home and enter your bathroom to take a crap. Everyone knows this...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit