Smurfs & Cabbage Patch belivers

by JAVA 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

I'm reading a riveting memoir of a woman's immersion into Fundamentalist faith, and her decision twenty years later to leave it behind. It's called, This Dark World, a Memoir of Salvation Found and Lost, by Carolyn S. Briggs (published by Bloomsbury, NY, 2002). I thought some might enjoy reading the following on pages 190, and 191:

We asked God to make our babies and toddlers righteous soldiers of the cross, stroking their little shoulders and faces as we prayed aloud. We asked God to protect them from Satan. Sometimes we would go through room by room of our homes, casting out any evil spirits in the name of Jesus. We stood in our children's bedrooms, letting our hands fall upon toys and dolls as we prayed, especially any toys that could attract demons. Somebody always knew somebody who had seen a Cabbage Patch doll dance across a sleeping child's bed. The Smurfs made the women in the church nervous after a report in a national Christian newsletter had dug up dirt on them. Their blue color was an indication that the Smurfs were the dead walking, soulless little zombies, hardly appropriate entertainment for our Christian children. . . . And later that night, I threw away a Smurf coloring book I found in Joshua's closet, just in case.

And the Witnesses thought they were the only ones...

• meat pie
    meat pie

There are more people like that? Now I'm scared.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't beleive it! Those damn smurfs are at it again!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• LDH
    LDH

(((((JAVA)))))

Nice to see you!

That's how I know the JW are just another crack pot religion...Nothing 'new' in their version of Christianity. Just fear, control and lies.

Lisa

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Well I must say I've neva seen Eloise dancing round in the middle of the night....she's a good lil cabbage patch!!!!!!!

Gargomore...now he's another story....SCARY!! LOL

• Solace
    Solace

Creepy dancing dollies..

• Valis
    Valis

You know dam well if you ask the average JW if they are superstitious what the answer would be. "Of course not!"

• butalbee
    butalbee

those damn smurfs fornicating w/ the cabbage patch kids. I knew they were evil. Evil, I say Evil.

*****disclaimer: Drunken idiots should not be given internet access to ex-jw sites. Not a good idea, whatsoever. Esp. when demonioc smurfs and cabbage patch kiddies are involved.

Um, what was this about????

Edited for spelllling errors

• dobby
    dobby

It just goes to show -

YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD SMURF DOWN!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit