We the rank and file are prophets

by Crazyguy 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have the elders coming to my home soon and need help finding a watchtower where thay stated that the regular publishers were also prophets, I think it came out about 2007 I think but not sure.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

But prophets who have no inspiration and need the direction of 8 guys in America.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This is all I could find:

• yadda yadda 2
  • yadda yadda 2
  • Fernando
    Fernando

*** jd chap. 13 p. 166 par. 2 “Proclaim This, You People, Among the Nations” ***
    Do you realize that you have been given an assignment similar in some respects to that of the 12 prophets? You are to declare God’s message for today as well as to teach and make disciples. How do you view that serious assignment? What is the message you are to proclaim among the nations? How thorough are you in accomplishing that assignment? What determines whether your work is successful? Let us consider the answers.

*** w11 12/1 p. 11 Who Can Interpret Prophecy? ***
    True prophecy is an inspired message, written or spoken

*** w04 1/15 p. 22 Give God Glory Not Man ***
    The Prophecy of Amos—Its Message for Our Day

*** w05 11/15 p. 22 par. 3 Walk With God, and Reap What Is Good ***
    But Hosea’s prophecy also contains a heartwarming message.

*** it-2 pp. 690-691 Prophecy ***
    An inspired message; a revelation of divine will and purpose or the proclamation thereof. Prophecy may be an inspired moral teaching, an expression of a divine command or judgment, or a declaration of something to come. As shown under PROPHET, prediction, or foretelling, is not the basic thought conveyed by the root verbs in the original languages (Heb., na·vaʼ′; Gr., pro·phe·teu′o); yet it forms an outstanding feature of Bible prophecy.

• Fernando
    Fernando

*** w79 12/15 pp. 5-6 How Powerful Is The Good News? ***

This “good news” is primarily the message that salvation or everlasting life is possible on the basis of genuine faith in the atoning benefits of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice, and that God’s kingdom by Christ will bring all things on earth into perfect unity with the holy heavens. (Acts 4:12; Rom. 1:16; Eph. 1:7-14) Why does that message have a powerful effect on those accepting it?

Consider the situation of many individuals when the “good news” reaches them. Before hearing this message, a person may sense a certain emptiness in his life. On account of personal problems and because of witnessing injustices and oppression, he may have cried out inside himself for relief from distress. The individual may be disappointed because of his own inability to be the kind of person he would like to be. Then, when the “good news” is presented to him, he learns the basic reason for his distress, namely, that he, along with all other members of the human family, is a sinner. Therefore, no matter how sincere a person may be, he will not succeed in living his life in such a way that he does not disappoint himself and others. He can never prove himself righteous before God by adhering to a particular code of law. The “good news,” however, makes it clear how he can enjoy a clean conscience before God and men, with everlasting life in view.

• Fernando
    Fernando

You are right.

The Watchtower publications agree too.

But don't expect the spiritually blind and apostate Pharisees ("ruling religious clergy class") to be delighted with your insights.

Quite the opposite, as millions before have discovered, often too late.

It's not really worth it, unless you absolutely have to experience for yourself to believe.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

You are entering a discussion with no hope of reaching like minds. If you have nothing to lose in any way then "have at it" but many have found out the hard way that Elders and the Society pick up their ball and run, fibbing all the way to grandma's house .....about you........

• KateWild
    KateWild

itsi,

I agree, very true what you say. Crazyguy if you go ahead they will "smellarat"

All the best love Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit