Should we fear death?

by sleepy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• julien
    julien

To answer the question yes I fear death, but only because of the effect my death would have on my loved ones. I know how devastating it would be to lose my wife, I hate the thought of her having to go through that when I die.

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

If you have Jesus Christ as your savior then Fear not

listen to these faithfull words from 1John

1 John 5:12-13 ASV

12 He that hath the Son hath the life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not the life.
    13 These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.

may the Lord grant you all peace and mercy,
    jr
  • blondie
    blondie

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Fear paralyzes and will prevent a person from enjoying life in the present, in the now. Fear of death can make this life unenjoyable. All we really have is now; how one lives his or her life now determines much of his/her future life. (Of course, I realize we do not control all factors in life). If death is the end of all things, spend time wisely. Even if it isn't, why misuse one's life thinking there is more life down the road.

Matthew 6:27
    Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

why fear death?? It is life that sucks anyway !!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Should we fear death?
    : How do you feel about dying?

I didn't have any problems with non-existence before I was born, so why should I have any problems with non-existence when I die?

It's the process of "getting there" that I have problems with!

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

clash,

: listen to these faithfull words from 1John

: 1 John 5:12-13 ASV

: 12 He that hath the Son hath the life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not the life.
    : 13 These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.

The guy that wrote that has been dead for 60 generations.

If his family-tree still exists, they would be his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren.

Farkel

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

should we fear death -- interesting question folks!!! Since viewing DATELINE who are the ones that are going to die first??? I hope the perverts are and go straight to HELL!!!! QUEENIE and family (LISA and Mamie KITTY)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit