Missing the point?! Is this what Jesus had in mind??

by Deltawave 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Is this what Jesus had in mind?

To be a spiritual person you must:

1. Underline your books
    2. Answer the format questions correctly from t he paragraph
    3. Do jobs at the Kingdom Hall to show your spiritual progress

I doubt it somehow.

We do have a spiritual need, a thirst for something beyond the superficial, but all the great spiritual teachers such as Jesus, Muhammad, Bhudda and Ghandi all taught that true spirituality in cultivated from within and not from religious culture.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Book underlining and question and answer meetings are left overs from the Bible Student movement days where every congregation was called a class and studied Russell's books. They are the trappings of what JW's think is "studying".
  • pixel
    pixel

Book underlining is where is at if you want to live in paradise forever. make no mistake. Huge requirement for everlasting life.

Or not.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    We do have a spiritual need, a thirst for something beyond the superficial, but all the great spiritual teachers such as Jesus, Muhammad, Bhudda and Ghandi all taught that true spirituality in cultivated from within and not from religious culture.

So, curious, who authorized you to tell me what I need? Where do you get off making claims about what everyone needs and making claims about what is true and what isn't? What is the source of that arrogance and hubris?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It took me a while to figure out what spiritual meant to the uber JW's. A friend of mine always uses the "spiritual" word. "They are a spiritual family, he/she is a spiritual person, etc."

The spiritual word is used by the JW's to describe people who are willing to do the tasks required to be accepted by the organization (they say Jehovah). This means tasks accepted by men. They included meeting attendance, field serve us, underlining your Watchtower, commenting at the meeting (30 seconds and under please), assembly attendance, baptism, pioneering, reaching out to be an Elder or MS. The list could go on and on. You could be the biggest a** inside or outside the congregation but as long as you do the task and men can see it, you get the thumbs up (this of course depends on WHO you are).

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It has always been interesting to me that 'spiritual' to Jehovah's witnesses means a person who does these things that are so mundane.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    He Jesus said something about just giving one of his followers a little help and that one would inherit the kingdom. James talks about charity and the woman Dorcas in Acts was also described as a good person doing charity. One other thing to note Jesus was never quoted as saying "when I return those I see going to empty door after empty door and exalting themselves at a church while answering a third grade level questions, I will surely make them my people"
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is this what Jesus had in mind?

To be a spiritual person you must:

....................Come Get Your WBT$ Literature Carts..

...........Image result for jesus.Image result for Watchtower literature cart

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Delta,

I personally have no way of knowing what Jesus had in mind, or if he even existed. Other than that I pretty much agree with what you are saying.

Religious beliefs are generally just words and thoughts; abstract concepts weaved by the fantastic imagination of the mind that are far removed from any actual reality or truth that they proclaim to contain.

Every thought ever thought and every word ever written about a tree, is not a tree.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Every thought ever thought and every word ever written about a tree, is not a tree.

Wouldn't that depend on whether it was written on tree pulp paper, instead of say parchment, papyrus or how much cotton rag content the paper had?

"Go digital, don't print if you don't absolutely have to, and save some trees."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit