JW Blood Ban Checklist: Can Anyone Help Here?

by Room 215 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

I was thinking mainly of Lee Elder, but it seems that that a concise, user-friendly list of the permissible/prohibited blood fractions of current JW policy would be more than a mere convenience... it has life-saving potential!

The mere fact that the Watchtower does not see fit to clear the air and print a simple summary of the current blood fraction policy in a ``Question From Readers'' article or something.

Their failure to do so thus far speaks volumes as to how little regard they have for the lives of their drones especially of the children who, in view of the stagnation of the organization, are the Society's most promising -- and maybe only -- source of future growth.

Brooklyn seems to prefer distributing ``No Blood'' cards to the flock and apparently has no interest in clarifying a matter they alone have obfuscated by their confusing and often contradictory rhetoric.

It would seem imperative that this sort of ``cheat sheet'' be published and disseminated among JWs. Does one exist? How about putting something like that on the AJWRB website as a public service?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Whole blood is banned; so are the following fractions:

Red cells
    White cells
    Platelets
    Plasma

That's it. Everything else is allowed.

AlanF

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply; if I sought to elicit more responses, I should have polled everybody on their penis sizes.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Try this link:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=19550&site=3

I found it very informative.

Bona

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Penis Size???

do tell.
    oooooogaaaaaah

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Room said:

“Brooklyn seems to prefer distributing ``No Blood'' cards to the flock and apparently has no interest in clarifying a matter they alone have obfuscated by their confusing and often contradictory rhetoric.

It would seem imperative that this sort of ``cheat sheet'' be published and disseminated among JWs. Does one exist? How about putting something like that on the AJWRB website as a public service?”

You are correct, they do not want to clarify these issues until a witness has his/her back to the wall.

Such a ‘cheat sheet” has been distributed to JWs, but notice the conditions under which it is distributed:

1. Only when a JW is facing a serious medical or surgical situation
    2. On plain paper – no WT letter head of any kind
    3. These “cheat sheets” are distributed by HLC members to JWs “in a need to know situation”
    4. The verbal explanation that goes along with the distribution of the sheet is “the top two layers (whole blood and its major fractions, white cells, red cells, platelets and plasma) are prohibited; all else is a conscience matter”

I have a copy of an actual “cheat sheet” distributed by an HLC member to a JW as the witness was talking to the chief of anesthesiology, who along with the chief of surgery were heading up the team that was considering major surgery on the witnesses in question. If someone can tell me how to get the image from my scanner onto this board, I’ll be happy to post the image.

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• detective
    detective

I'd like to see the scan. Unfortunately, I'm not too handy with computer advice!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Sam Beli...

A million thanks! I don't exaggerate when I say that such a disclosure would be among the most vital ever made on this forum.

``On a ``Need To Know"" basis? Despicable!! Don't those idiots in Brooklyn/Patterson or wherever, who urge the dubs to ``prepare/fortify oneself spiritually to face any unforeseen challenges to one's faith'' really believe that the hundreds of thousands of trusting naive JW parents who hang on their every word have no real ``need to know'' in advance of of any --God forbid -- medical crisis involving a minor child?

Besides the obvious reason, I would love to see the dissemination of the ``check list'' so as to provoke a reaction to its public disclosure from the Bethel braintrust. How could they possibly issue a statement denouncing the disclosure without showing their ``true colors'' for all the world to see?

• Dino
    Dino

Hello Room 215.

Thank you for putting this into a perspective that I personally had never thought of before.

I think that you are really on to something here.

Dino

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Lilacs has been kind enough to host the diagram I referred to earlier. Remember, this is an “official WT document” or so it is represented to be by HLC members, even though it is not on official WT stationary. I wonder why?

The link is here: http://hometown.aol.com/luv2shari/page1.html

Note: the words “need to know” are mine, based on my observation of the circumstances under which this document was given to the JW in question. This witness was facing MAJOR surgery.

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit