Misconseptions JW's have about us

by terafera 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

Spot on r51785. Thats the one thing that worries me greatly. I am so conditioned into thinking this that I worry that I might upset people. But I'm sure if I come across patronising in any of my posts I will rightly be flamed to death!

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I speak from experience: There is nothing worse than being married and feeling lonely. I really feel sorry for those that stay in a marriage because they are JW's and "can't divorce". What a waste of life!! If there is no love in the marriage...then it's not a marriage. Your'e basically just roomates...how sad.

There are many great and wonderful people who are not JW's that have wonderful qualaties.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Their biggest misconception about me...

is if they think i'm ever going back.

SPAZ

• terafera
    terafera

lmbue,
    Thanks for a different point of view. True, I do agree that her comment was probably more dealing with her marriage than anything else.. but it does seem that in many of our conversations there is talk of how 'wordly' people fail miserably at everything.. so I guess I'm a little sensitive to it. Your point is well taken and I will try not to take it too personally the next time I talk to her .

Reborn,
    AMEN!!! That has always been the way I saw things as a JW.. there was always an answer. Exactly!

Ajax,
    I know what you mean. A sister once tried to get me to marry a brother I had no remote attraction to. He was not my type at all and had the personality of a paper bag. She kept telling me that if I didnt marry him I would probably marry a worldly guy, and it would be better to be in a passionless marriage in the 'truth' than a passionate marriage to a worldly man, since worldly men cheat and beat their wives!!!! [8>]

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    she said that it was a well known fact that worldly people have no reason to stay together. She said if her husband was worldly, after a fight he would just pack up and leave. But being jw's, they have a standard to live with and dont want to risk being df'd ... so they get through any problems.

Well, tera, you can tell your sister that the above is a bunch of nonsense. My dub wife and I didn't have a fight, and she is the one who left. After I DA'd, and stated that I would npot tolerate being shunned within my own house and placed a sign on the door to that effect, for any visiting JWs, she went and asked the elders whether or not I could do that! Like I would give a crap what any of them say.

She griped about me doing it, saying that I knew what to expect when I decided to DA myself. As time went on and her kids shunned me within the house, I started witholding privileges from them. Until such time as they could speak to me decently. I never interfered with there meeting attendance or going out in service. I did state that since I am paying for a phone and cable TV, maybe they shouldn't be so quick to use them as long as they wish to shun me too. Her answer to that was to help them buy their own TV and Cellular phone.

Then, I come home from work one night and she is carrying her and the kids things out to her Voyager. This was on a Monday, right after she had a Sunday meeting that went overtime, for some reason. (I can imagine why) Her only comments to me was, "this just isn't working." Out the door she went and is now seeking public assistance and leaving me strapped with all the bills we had together.

NO discussion, no arguing, no fighting, nothing! Just up and gone. The only time I now hear from her is when she is broke and wants money. She just called Saturday night begging me for $50. Sorry, babe, I ain't got it!

That's they way the JWs have done me in marriage. Not what she was taught at all.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    the only way you can have a "PERFECT MARRiage" is you must Obey Jehovah(God) & The Messiah, or Follow the Bible

But, whose interpretation, U2K? Some have misused the Bible to keep women in fear of their husbands. Some have misused it to justify beating their wives. Every single religion in existence has twisted the Bible to suit their own need and subject people to follow them. All claim they are the truth. All claim to have the truth of the Bible. Hell, scholars cannot even agree on everything in the Bible and none of us today speak ancient Greek that it was written in.

How do you explain Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists and so many others having marriages of longevity? As far as I am concerned, they only way to have a close to perfect marriage, there is no such thing as a perfect marriage, is to really care about each other, and do willingly for each other.

Religion is no gauruntee of a successful marriage. Love is!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Beans
    Beans

They take a topic, find the worst situation out of it and assume that THAT is what will happen everytime and publish it and the robots conform!

Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit