David Algar Suicide Info Anyone?

by ISP 15 Replies latest jw friends

• qwerty
    qwerty

Well it used to bring the topic up to the top?

• ISP
    ISP

Here are some quotes from another board. It would seem an ex CO did kill himself but it was NOT David Algar.

I too was once a JW and knew of many suicides among my fellow "brothers". One congregation in Daventry, England, had a number who committed suicide. In one family of 8, all but 2 of them attempted suicide. Several of them made more than one attempt at suicide.
    A circuit overseer in England (Brother Algar)
    committed suicide. Several in his home congregation committed suicide. The list goes on and on!
    Hi, I am new to this board. The Brother Algar was no longer a circuit overseer when he committed suicide (you got your facts wrong.) He was however, an elder. We have had several suicides in our congregation, which was the main reason why I personally stopped attending meetings.
    Posted by John on April 29, 2002 at 08:26:56:
    I read the posting about the suicide of a Brother Algar.
    There was a suicide among the Algar "dynasty", but it was NOT David Algar. I understand the brother was an elder though.
    ISP
  • anewperson
    anewperson

Are they definitely suicides or made to look that way? Same question marks in Oregon.

• Matty
    Matty

David Algar is one of the nicest, most loving brothers I have ever met in my life. I think this rumour needs to be 100% confirmed please.

• meat pie
    meat pie

David Algar used to be in this circuit, N.E.Scotland, but I can't remember in what capacity, though I do remember he seeming like a pleasant man.Anyway I saw a 'sister' today, and I asked her if she knew where he was now, she wanted to know why, I said I'd heard a rumour that something had happened to him, but it could be wrong.She said she thought he'd gone to Malta 'or somewhere like that.'

• caspian
    caspian

I know that this is an old post, however I have just come across it.

I met David last month, he is alive and well and will be the DO for the London Disctrict from Sept 1

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit