Rolf Furuli's accusation about VAT 4956 being tampered with?

by possiblepineapple 93 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

#1) There is no " bible chronology."

DD

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Doesn't that pretty much shove a huge hole in the extra years of Nebuchadnezzar? Considering that thing is from the time as well, wouldn't it also dispell any idea of other kings inbetween (since I think the babylonians would know their own bloody kings)

There are no 'unknown' kings in between that would extend the time-line by 20 years. Keeping count of regnal years was the ancients' way of tracking time - it was their calendar - necessary for the everyday running of business, banking, inheritance, for chronicling history, for developing their astronomical 'sciences,' etc. There are numerous tablets where you can see where one king succeeds another and how the regnal years follow on.

• possiblepineapple
    possiblepineapple

Other than the business tablets are there any other tablets that show the transition from one king to another? Particularly in regards to Nebuchadnezzar and Amel Marduk

Also how do the Babylonian chronicals fit into fixing chronology? Sorry to ask so many question but I know a lot of people on here have studied this stuff in depth to the point that they're practically experts on the subject.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The Bible itself tells us Amel-Marduk followed Nebuchadnezzar.

There's NBC 4897 which is an accounting ledger cataloging the growth of sheep and goat herds for one of the temples. There are annual summaries and calculations carried over from Nebuchadnezzar's 37th year to Amel-Marduk's 2nd year to Neriglissar's 1st year.

The Babylonian Chronicles only help give a relative chronology - they can tell us how long certain kings reigned. We need the astronomical tablets to fix regnal years to calendar (B.C.E.) years. I.e. the sky clock tells us what time it was.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Furuli is a teacher of languages in Sweden, I believe"

Not exactly. He was teaching Hebrew at the Oslo University in Norway. He knows his Hebrew.

• possiblepineapple
    possiblepineapple

Any other astronomical tablets worth looking at other than Vat $956 and the other one that had a video on it in this thread?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Astronomical diary -651 (652 BCE) or BM 32312 (Shamash-shuma-ukin's reign);

Saturn observation tablet with 14 years of data (647-634 BCE) in Kandalanu's reign - BM 76738/BM 76813;

Lunar eclipse tablets LBAT 1415/1417, 1419, 1420, 1421 (LBAT 1420 is already mentioned in Londo's video) and BM 38357 (no name preserved with this one, but years and sufficient historical information are, from which it can be deduced it belongs to Nabopolassar's reign);

Mars and Mercury observations from neo-Assyrian times to Nabopolassar - BM 41222.

• possiblepineapple
    possiblepineapple

Right so I'm guessing those prevent any of those reigns from being pushed by 20 years? Also didn't the LBAT's, if I understood the video correctly, have Nebuchadnezzar's years locked to certain dates as well?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yep. That's pretty much it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

“Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years. "

MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME NEXT TIME, THE BABYLONIANS DID...

GOD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit