Great Flicks!

by patio34 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Hi all!

These are a some good movies i've rented/seen recently:

The Rookie

Just a perfect, all-around feel good, movie. Loved it and so did my movie partners.

Bandits

Had me and my son laughing thoughout the whole film. And the ending was great! Billy Bob Thornton is sooo talented and perfect for the role playing with Bruce Willis, who was great in this too.

How about y'all? Any new ones you loved? K-Pax was really good too!

• patio34
    patio34

Sorry the pix turned out so big!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Pat

I saw The Sweetest Thing today and laughed till I cried. The movie is predictable, slow at a few places, but has some truly hilarious scenes. Yep, it's a chick flick but I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time.

Thanks for the headsup on Bandits. Haven't seen it yet, but value your review

Dana

• termite 35
    termite 35

We've just been to see Bend it like Beckham! THE BEST IN AGES! A brit flick you should all get soon from the uk;so funny and moving too cried and wet myself at the same time!!!off to see the count of monte cristo on tues(EX BOOK STUDY NIGHT SO NO DUBS TO BUMP INTO LIKE LAST TIME!)

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Patio34

I LOVED the Bandits. (still giggling at it) I'm not a big Billy Bob Thorton fan, but man, he is a great actor. The dialoge between him and Bruce is classic all the way through.

j2bf

• waiting
    waiting

Fraility was great - Caution, may trigger. Spooky - and had issues on so many different levels. Just absolutely serious. Well worth it!

The Man Who Wasn't There with Billy Bob Thorton was odd - but good. Worth the watch.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey! Another movie I had never watched before (I thought it would be some really dumb comedy) was Crazy in Alabama.

Was really quite good! Dealt with racism, craziness, wife abuse, becoming an actress, etc., all with a funny/serious charm.

I enjoyed it a lot. Rod Steiger was hilarious as the judge, btw.

waiting

• Mulan
    Mulan

I loved Crazy in Alabama and can't understand why it was so slammed by the critics and didn't do well in theaters.

We saw The Majestic, and thought it was an amazing, feel good movie. We were both so surprised that it had NO nominations at the Oscars. Jim Carrey was great, and Martin Landau was just incredible. Great story.

We saw Hearts in Atlantis on pay-per-view awhile back. Also really good story. Anthony Hopkins is always great though.

But, the best movie I've seen in years was A Beautiful Mind.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

Hey Term,

howd you like Count of Monte Crisco? I LOVED it!!!! i wonder if its a true story? havent been able to find the answer to that yet. i missed the 1st 5mins (i was late). i want to see it again on screen and am planning on getting the dvd too. the sceenery was soo awesome!!! i love the ocean and the field sceens best. man, i could just imagine being in that grass and swimming in that ocean...i wish i could for real. just soooo beautiful. hope you enjoyed it as much as i did.

cannot wait to see ENOUGH, Death to Smoochy, The Rookie, and a few others whose names escape me. OH! one of the previews for an upcoming movie (thriller/suspense) stars Robin Williams---it looks totally AWESOME!!!! i cannot wait for it to be out! missed the name tho.

saw Panic Room which was very good. not as scary as i thought itd be.

Murder by Number was good BUT it should have been a USA or TNT original movie and then it would have been great. just wasnt worth the money but i did enjoy it--Sandra Bullock is good as always.

some really good movies have been released or about to be released it seems hard to chose which ones to see. i usually treat myself to 1 or 2 a week. sometimes my young cousin and i see something too. its so nice to be watching movies again (after many years of not going to movies). esp to be able to watch R rated ones without guilt!

thank you for the heads up on Fraility and The Sweetest Thing.

happy watching to all!

Kat
    Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

"When in doubt, do the loving thing." ~ 8yr old "Pirate"

• anewlife
    anewlife

Yes, I agree about Bandits. If you haven't seen it...it's a must! Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious!

I also saw Murder by Numbers. I thought it was good, but agree a USA, TNT type movie. Oh well, Sandra Bullock is always great!

Looking forward to seeing Frailty and Changing Lanes. Anyone heard anything about the latter? No one I know has seen it yet. Ben Afleck (? spelling) is just too cute to miss watching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit