What have the 'myriads of angels' ever done for humanity?

by yadda yadda 2 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm pretty sure that all the angels are busy monitoring who masturbates and how often.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

They cause elders to drive by the cinema so they spot you waiting in line to see a r-rated movie.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Billy-the ex-bethelite:

I'm pretty sure that all the angels are busy monitoring who masturbates and how often.

According to other human traditions about Yahweh's spirit creatures, they are absolutely fascinated with human sexuality, and enjoy watching humans in sexual action.

So much so that in one tradition, some of these angels, 'forsook their proper place,' and became flesh in order to enjoy human sex, also.

So raising many doubts about the desirability of life in heaven.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Brainwashed JW: "The more pressing question to consider is, what are the myriads of angels getting ready to do?"

Oh yes, you must be referring to their preparing to carry out a merciless global massacre of billions of ignorant and innocent human beings, including children and babies, as Jehovah's executioners at the Watchtower Society's version of Armageddon. Yeah that's a God I want to worship. A**hole.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they are creating all the problems we see, holding back science and technology, enforcing a medical and financial tyranny, setting up injustice in the courts and governments, terrorizing people into staying in Islam or Christi-SCAM-ity, and blaming Satan and His Demons for all of the above.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

These likely a false statements in the Bible, written by a human with an ulteria motive. I doubt you will disagree with me, but if you do please provide some historical evidence to support this. I am open to the possibility. Kate xx

My dear Kate, you know me well enough by now to know that I hold all ancient scriptural accounts of superhuman alien beings materialising human form as being an even less reliable guide as to what is genuine historical truth than aboriginal cave drawings.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

What if "angels" are simply people who have not yet been born, or are people who have lived and died and not been resurrected, or have lived and died and are resurrected? When John bowed down to the angel in Revelation thinking he was Christ, the angel lifted him up and said, "See thou do it not, for I am thy fellowservant, and of of thy brethren the prophets." So if this angel had been a prophet in life, perhaps angels and people are the same.

• kaik
    kaik

To Billy-the ex-bethelite,

I remember that from one of the discussion with the elder that people will be judged for their deeds according Deuteronomy 17:6 by two witnesses, which would be done by two angels who will know everythring you have ever done, good or bad. I do not remember in which context was it, but this passage stick in my memory for years.

• designs
    designs

Angels are important like the Dallas Cheerleaders are important...

• not bitter
    not bitter

I don't know but I can't get that friggin song out of my head now.

It's been over 20 years and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit