Time by Alexander Waugh

Paradigms Lost by John L. Casti

Pollen by Jeff Noon

Just finished:

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

The State of The Art by Iain M. Banks

Life Without Genes by Adrian Woolfson

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Funky do you ever read cultural critisism like or is this just an American phenomonon?

Another book from an Ivy league Professor and Feminist Historian that I reomend yes, even I will recomend a book from a Feminist auther
    Ann Dougless--Feminization of American Culture

• jst_me
    jst_me

"What Smart People Do When Losing Their Jobs" and "Your Services are No Longer Required: The Complete Job-Loss Recovery Book" cuz I got laid off Tuesday....

and

"Birth of a Nation'hood: Gaze, Script and Spectacle in the OJ Simpson Case", because it was edited by Toni Morrison and I am going to a conference Sat where she is a speaker (her fiction is so dark it freaks me out!)

• Princess
    Princess

Last month I read The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley...really great book. Then I went for the light stuff, Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason followed by Harry Potter The Fiery Goblet or something to that effect...book four. All really good. I got looks from the other ballet moms while reading Bridget Jones because I was laughing out loud. Totally funny book, better than the first.

I have Lady of Avalon to read now but can't quite make myself yet. I think I need some lighter fiction first. Back to the library on Monday!

Rachel

• crownboy
    crownboy

Hey funkyderek, I read The Virtues Of Selfishness, it was a pretty good book. I don't agree with all of the Objectivist philosophy, but there are many good ideas in Rand's books.

Currently I'm reading:

For The New Intellectual by Ayn Rand

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins

The Cosmos by Carl Sagan

Evolution (forgot the author's name, but it's the book that accompanied the recent 6 part PBS series)

Dialouges on Religion by David Hume

The Last Days of Socrates by Plato

Forgeries in Christanity by Joseph Wheless (free here: http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/joseph_wheless/forgery_in_christianity/index.shtml)

After this I'd like to work in a nice fiction book (haven't decided which as yet, though )

Edited by - crownboy on 26 August 2002 17:19:38

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit