I think I need someone to give me a history lesson about this site

by will-be-apostate 14 Replies latest jw friends

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

"This doesn't mean of course that I will allow posts of an obvious apostate nature or those that are abusive." - Simon

Now this was 12 years ago. I dont know if Simon had ever noticed but things are no longer under control by the above statemant :D Could anyone summarize what just happened here in this 13 years?

I thought that JWN was launched by exJws. When was the turning point? When did people on here started viewing this site as an exJw discussion forum rather than a jw forum? I have a lot of question so any additional information is welcomed.

Thank you

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

After reading a few more posts now I know that in 2001 the site was no linger pro jw. It took only a year??

• cofty
    cofty

Yep, once Simon swallowed the red pill there was no going back.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Simon was a believing JW when he started this website. Correct me if I am wrong.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Reading the first threads is like siitting in a time machine. :D

• jgnat
    jgnat

The story of this discussion board is really a story about Simon and his beautiful wife Angharad.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/180139/1/My-life-and-how-JWD-came-to-be-Part-5#.UogC7eIuct1

• bohm
    bohm

The light got turned on

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Thank you jgnat. Let the light shine

• never a jw
    never a jw

Interesting!

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I wonder how many people left the org or at least learned the truth about the truth from this community. It was a pleasure to read the story. Only one question is left: Which username belongs to Ang?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit