ANY FORMER BETHELITES (1972 to 1976)?

by Okole Head 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Okole Head
    Okole Head

Met one recently in a small town in CA. We both worked construction at Towers (same department) but did not cross paths until a few weeks ago.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Randy Watters was in Bethel during your time. www.freeminds.org

• mann377
    mann377

I lived at the Towers '73. Worked in the press room

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I stayed at The Tower's as a paying guest, visiting Bethel the end of Nov, 1970.

There was so much NOISE I could barely sleep.

One of the times the Firetrucks came blaring, it sounded like they had stopped right outside the Hotel, so I jumped out of bed, ran to the window, I couldn't see down well enough, so I carefully, unhooked the dirty screen from the window, when... Oops... that screen took on a mind of it's own and decided to go 'sailing'... I know not where... out into the dark blue yonder...

I still couldn't see well enough but decided to try and get back to sleep. I figured if the building were on fire, somebody would come knocking.

LoisLane

PS I know the opening paragraph: if you were a Bethelite. No. Sorry. Not one.

PSS Welcome to JWN. When you feel like it, why not start a new thread and tell us a little about your life's journey, so far.

I hope you are well and have left GB/WT without too many scars.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

If you were at Bethel during that intended to be scary 1975 trick to get us all moving our bu$$s so that the GB/WT could count increased worldwide 'sales'

and increased baptisms and attendance and out of this world placements from their juvenile Truthâ„¢ book... We Zombie's and Zomette's put our lives on

hold to push GB/WT propaganda because we were told... ' this is a life saving work' lol

How do you feel now, roughly 40 years later. Do you think your time and everyone else's time was wasted at Bethel?

Do you feel that you were lied to, used and abused? Have you gotten over it or did it affect your life?

Were you at breakfast Jan 1, 1976? Was it same, same and same??? Or...???

During 1976 at breakfast, did they continue to preach the Big "A" is right around the corner??? lol

LoisLane

Question: Will a donkey work without a carrot in front of him and someone with a stick hitting him from behind?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

yes- lots on here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit