Planning the xmas party-suggestions needed

by TweetieBird 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So, If 150 show up, that means you have approximately $2.60 per person out of your $400 budget, I don't know what part of the country you're in a but I hope it's not NYC or another major city . In my building that budget per person would mean all the attendees would have to go to the vending machines we have near the laundry room and get a bag of chips and soda.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Since your budget is so tight, I even would use recorded music rather than live music, that would free up that money for food. Live music is wonderful, but in a gathering like this, it can easily overwhelm the space and prevent people from socializing, as they can't hear each other. Well selected recorded music is very festive also.

• blondie
  • TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thanks Blondie for the links, definitely will help.

We have always provided live music and the residents have come to expect it. I will be getting a petty cash check in the next few days so I will go to the Dollar Store and pick up some decorations, paper goods, etc. We already have tons of trays from past events.

We had the same budget for a pool party over the summer and managed to pull it off, think I am going to have to get the creative juices flowing. I will probably end up making most of the food myself so I will have to pick stuff that can be made ahead of time.

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds fun, Tweetiebird. I have organized wedding receptions in the past and know that is a lot of work. I hope you have commandeered some helpers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit