Ask For A Salad!!!!

by teenyuck 11 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Good for Making Ratatouille?
    Fri Apr 26, 8:17 AM ET

HANOI, Vietnam (AP) - More than 100 tons of rat meat is sold for human consumption each day in a southern Vietnamese province, an official said Friday.

The rat meat is sold to restaurants and hotels in southern Vietnam and to neighboring Cambodia, where it is prepared in various dishes, said the official from the Plants Protection Center for Southern Vietnam.

More than 50 dealers in Bac Lieu province buy at least 2 tons each of rodent meat each day from farmers, he said. Bac Lieu is about 1,250 miles south of the capital Hanoi.

The figure came from a recent survey conducted in the province by the center, which plans to carry out similar surveys in other southern provinces, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Between 1,000 and 2,000 farmers in the province are employed to hunt for rats. The meat is sold for 6,000 dong (39 cents) per kilogram (17 cents per pound), he said.

More than 150 million rats are killed each year in Vietnam.

Farmers have complained of an increasing vermin population in recent years, because the population of natural predators — cats and snakes — is shrinking because they are also served as food in restaurants and exported to China.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL girl you are bad......

Lisa

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Ratatouille BWAAAAAAAAAA!

More than 100 tons of rat meat A DAY!

I'm trying to pitcure what 100 TONs of rats look like.
    Somthins really off balance here. Why on earth would they need to eat thier cats if they have 100 Tons of rats?
    And they HAVE to HUNT THEM!!! Seems like an easy enough job..Gawd!Just open the damn door!

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html
    http://my.cybersoup.com/wierdchit

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"More than 150 million rats are killed each year in Vietnam."

Think they would come to the US and kill all our rats too?

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • SYN
    SYN

Lilacs: Rats have souls too you know! Don't be mean just 'cause you're at the top of the food chain!

Every religion is the One True Religion.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What's the fuss? Most animal meat is basically the same, whether it's cow, pig, rat, chicken, cat, horse etc etc.

People in India probably have fun getting icked out by tales of all the beef consumed in the West.

Expatbrit, try anything once class.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

The way they poured "nouc mam" over everything, you wouldn't know what you were eating anyway. The smell of that is so powerful that all your senses are deadened

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

lol @ Dakota -

Also, Kim Chee (sp?) (rotting cabbage, buried in hole in ground for a couple of months to "ferment") Yummy!

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Puffsrule! Sorry we couldn't "connect" last month...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Yes, expat, I do suppose all meat is the same. However, rats have such a bad reputation....and cats! Yikes!! I need to guard my pussies from harm! (Tho males seem to enjoy eating it)

Lauralisa, I e-mailed you...I am sorry! I know something happened that weekend, but, for the life of me, I cannot remember what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit