Baptismal regeneration

by Laika 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Laika
    Laika

Kate, sounds reasonable, you should tell him. :)

• KateWild
    KateWild

I tell God everyday, I just seem to be getting the answer that the Bible cannot be from God

• yadda yadda 2
  • Laika
    Laika

Kate, I understand, but I wouldn't give up, I believe God is big enough to handle your questions.

I also think you'd enjoy doing an Alpha course, if you can spare the time.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks yadda I feel forgiven..especially if I can get dunked with George Clooney Kate xx

• tornapart
    tornapart

I think that baptism by water and baptism by spirit are two separate occurrences but are linked. As anonymouz said one can come before the other, not necessarily at the same time.

The two baptisms of John the Baptist and Jesus were two differnt things. Those bapstised by John were as a symbol of repentance, those baptised in Jesus name were in recognition of him as the Messiah, the Son of God. The baptism of the spirit comes as a result of that recognition whether it comes before or after baptism.

@Kate. If you find you are losing your faith but really would like to keep it, try reading a book called Disappointment with God by Philip Yancy. It's excellent for anyone stuggling with their faith and wondering if God is really there or really cares.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit