Family worship Ideas

by DS211 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whathappened
    whathappened

The Skeptics Annotated Bible is online at www.skepticsannotatedbible.com.

You could do your Bible reading using this version in advance and prepare using this as a jumping off place.

Also, in the Bible Story book, the account about Jeptha's daughter, she was actually burned to death as unmistakably stated in the Bible but the Watchtower says not so.

Lot's wife being turned into a pilar of salt while Lot is allowed to F**k his both daughters while drunk. He also offered to let the crowd rape his daughters. The angels could have protected themselves, the daughters could not have.

What kind of justice system requires someone innocent to die (Jesus Christ) to appease the court over someone elses failing (Adam & Eve).

Use stuff like this. Act full of amazement as you ask innocently "how this could be right?"

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I hear this a lot about the Catholic Church denying the person ability to learn the Bible, which it was written in a language that people eventually rarely spoke, then translated carefully into latin trying to keep the translation correct. Eventually latin was rarely spoken and the Church was worried about other translating inaccuratly. The majority of the people did not read or write in those days anyway, which is why the traditions were so impoertant in the church. It was to include those who did not read or write in understanding the stories and meanings in the Bible.

The Church held on too fast and too long to the latin in my opinion and shoud have been working on a translation into a more modern language. The Church has much fear of inaccurate translations.

In my opinion, too, that fear was very valid.

• steve2
    steve2

Act full of amazement as you ask innocently "how this could be right?"

But be sure to have enough amazement left over for the crippling speed with which your "innocent" tsunami of doubt vanquishes all ability of your loved ones to calmly reason.

Beg for forgiveness and present yourself willing and ready to be whipped back into submission by your local body of elders.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Read the bible in context and the books just like a book.

Who reads a book by randomly reading sentences from paragraphs and jumping all over to different pages?

Start with the new testament since that's how things are to be done today.

Read a chapter, then discuss what the scriptures were saying. Then another, and so on.

In the NT you'll come upon parts about not judging, or in Romans and Col about not judging those who observe days and festivals, about helping poor and such, etc.

Depending on the speed of it will determine how quickly she may see all is not in harmony with the scriptures.

You might want to do a study w/ her alone and one w/ the kids. I have no advice for what to do w/ the kids though.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi DS211, First, read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helpling Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beleifs") visit his website www.freedomofmind.com, and/or watch his videos on his website to learn about BITE control techniques that dangerous cults use. Next start studying the NT with your family and ask simple questions of your JW family to help them see that the Pharisees and Saducces used BITE control techniques to victimize JWs. There are a lot of examples, if you can switch how you interpret the Bible from your WTBTS's indoctrination. The main things to remember are to read from the begining of an NT book to the end, do not to preach to your JW family but to help them to critically think for themselves, and you can write additional threads asking for help about specific books of the NT.

Black Sheep wrote in another thread about also reading upcoming WTBTS propaganda to learn of ideas to emphasize in your Bible studies that might help your JW family to see the WTBTS uses the same BITE control techniques to victimize JWs.

Best of wishes helping your family to critically think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DS211
    DS211

Thanks guys!

• Ding
    Ding

I recommend studying the books of Romans and Galatians in context without WT literature.

They are very different than WT doctrine.

If she objects to reading the Bible alone, you can ask her to explain why uninspired literature is superior to inerrant scriptures.

If you can't understand the Bible without WT literature, why should you be able to understand WT literature without further literature? The process would never end.

• DS211
    DS211

Ding--in those scriptures do they talk about how tou shouldnt have mounds and hundreds of books? If not what scripture is that, i forgot.

• DS211
    DS211

Nvm ecc 12:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit