by confusedandalone 56 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" This is yet another thread where I suspect antisemitism. "

WTF...

I suspect you have jumped to conclusions

• Comatose
    Comatose

He means he suspects that Paul was popular because Jesus was a Jew. Paul being non Jewish had a larger following. So not that anyone in this thread is antisemitic. If I read that all right.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

am hoping that is what he meant and not that we are all anti-Semites rofl

• tec
    tec

HE... is a... SHE ; )

And I am pretty sure that Band knows that Paul was also a Jew. He says it so, himself, on numerous occassions in his letters. He just also happened to be born in Rome.

Peace,

tammy

• jam
    jam

One is a Jew if he descends from the tribe of Judah, right?

11KING 16;6. We know that Paul was not from the tribe of Judah. Philippians

3;5, he was a Benjamite. Paul was a citizen of the kingdom of Judah, it was in this

way that Paul was a Jew. So Paul was both, By birth of the tribe of Benjamin

by national citizenship a Jew. Is this correct???

• prologos
    prologos

Rabbi in FL talking in general, not the NT:"-you are jewish if your mother is jewish.

we dont know about the father, but we have the mother."

mary was jewish and converted to Catholicism.

they gave her status and statues.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Tammy,

Paul was not born in Rome. Duh. We all know Paul was Jewish but had a conversion experience on the road to Damascus. Without being snarky, Tammy, this is common cultural knowledge in Europe, North America, South America, and vast sections of Africa and Asia. Paul wrote of theology rather than the good news of the gospel. His ideas of Christianity planted the form of Christianity we call mainstream or orthodox today.

There is antisemitism here. So many posters describe Jews as a bad religion, needing reform from the Christian heroes. This is not factual. It is precisely this attitude that Christianity elevated Judaism that caused pogroms. The arrogance is galling. One can be proud of one's own religion with denigrating other religions. I am Christian. You have no right to decide whether I am Christian. My Jewish friends have a right to respect for their religion.

I am not stating that everyone here does it. It is common, though. As I said before, there are vast resources on the Internet and many books where one can learn about Judaism from a neutral viewpoint. What the WT taught us is not true.

I find it funny, Tammy, that you think I know nothing b/c I believe you know so little. The word games are not cute.

One can have citizenship of a country without being born there. Not every Roman citizen was born in Rome. A Chinese friend has passports from about six countries for business reasons. You can't assume that all life was always like your present little isolated world. There is no outside proof that Paul's conversion was a good or wise thing. I have a feeling his Jewish mother was probably not happy with it.

Jesus did not start a new religion. There is no hint of it in the gospels. He speaks as a Jew. Indeed, he focused his ministry primarily on Jews. Ignorance annoys me. Frankly, I don't know why I waste my time. Some so-called Christians, especiially who have auditory conversation with whatchamacallit, are best ignored. If Jesus does not like me, Jesus can tell me so. He does not need you.

Don't assume you are better than anyone here, Tammy. You are not. It must be easy for you to preach to us, Tammy. You cannot even cite scripture. Discuss history, literature, or theology. This whatchamacall it is garbage. Why there is a sudden flare up is beyond me. Perhaps you get postage stamps for every tenth person who signs up at your forum. I will agree that you have a right to your beliefs. No one has to agree with you, however.

Shall we discuss baby teeth and salvation for the newcomers? If I were leaving the WT, the baby teeth necessary for salvation would send me flying back to safety.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

This is going to get good

• jam
    jam

I don't understand, what did Tammy say Band on the Run that was antisemitic?

• tec
    tec

Hey, Jam... you seem to have the right of it. The tribe of Benjamin and the tribe of Judah made up the two-tribe kingdom of the south. So that the Jews of Paul's day were from Judah (which included the Benjamites)

And Band... I was defending you, saying that I was sure that you knew already that Paul was a Jew, when others thought you were saying that he was not a Jew. So, lol, your rant up there has no bearing on this conversation, and nothing to do with anything I posted in regard to you. (Paul says he was born a citizen, btw. Acts 22:27-28. There's a scripture for ya)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit