Praying in your Heart vs. Out Load

by bruh 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh
    bruh

If I'm not mistaken- are there more "out loud" prayers in the bible than

in your heart prayers ?? Does the bible say which is more acceptable??

Also---What scriptures prove that GOD hears and answers prayers in our hearts???

• cantleave
    cantleave

It doesn't matter at what volume you talk to yourself, the result will always be a one way conversation.

• Laika
    Laika

Try Genesis 24:45 and Psalms 139:1-4.

Anyway that makes you comfortable will work. :)

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

The Philippines is a very religious country. Their earnest prayers to god to save them from Typhoon Haiyan didn't work out so well.

Loud or silent, you are wasting your time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never before the Witnesses had I seen so many articles on how to pray, being prepared for prayer, what to pray about, how to be deserving to be heard, and on and on and on. I should think that substance is far more important than form.

Here's a biblical account of a silent prayer.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+1

Note the religious leader assumed the poor woman was drunk.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

What were Christs' instructions?

Matt 6:5,6: “Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you."

Why would you need to go into your private room and shut your door to pray if you can simply pray silently.

Also, the example set by Christ was that he prayed out loud. He would go off a little distance and pray, but apparently within earshot of others (or others followed him and got close enough to hear). Otherwise, how could his prayers have been recorded for us to read?

Of course, silent prayers are acceptable, too, and even necessary sometimes.

Rom 8:26,27:  In like manner the spirit also joins in with help for our weakness; for the [problem of] what we should pray for as we need to we do not know, but the spirit itself pleads for us with groanings unuttered. Yet he who searches the hearts knows what the meaning of the spirit is, because it is pleading in accord with God for holy ones.

Personally, I pray silently most of the time because I don't really have a private room to go into. When no one else is at home, I might pray out loud.

• tec
    tec

What were Christs' instructions?

Matt 6:5,6: “Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you."

Why would you need to go into your private room and shut your door to pray if you can simply pray silently.

Oh, great point, Leaving, thank you! (As well as your entire post)

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit