Mass movement: Atheist mega-churches take Western world by storm

by Dis-Member 11 Replies latest social current

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

"Singing songs, clapping hands, praising acts of giving and community work – all the things present in a Church have now found an official home in so-called ‘atheist mega-churches’, a quirky idea spreading like wildfire across the Western world."

http://rt.com/news/atheist-mega-churches-west-518/

• Laika
    Laika

Lol, maybe we'll get atheist televangelists next.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Its a great idea ! I enjoy singing etc in huge groups, like football crowds, but also in Churches, even though I do not believe. It is the lift that the music, delivered in wonderful acoustics, gives you.

This would really give the local Elder body apoplexy if you as a fader are seen at one of these events.

They can hardly DF you for joining in with false non-worship, there ain't no such animal. But they will rack their brains for some reason to "discipline" you.

Nothing in their Petty Rule Book (Flock book) covers such an eventuality. LOL

• KateWild
    KateWild

Haha! What a good idea to bring people togehter. Well pointed out Phizzy, if they are atheist they can't be worshipping false Gods.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I do not like this idea. I have enough difficulty as it is to argue that atheism is not a religion. I find the whole thing pathetic.
    A little dignity goes a long way.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

People have too much time on their hands, and few things to do that satisfy them.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

but, but, but Atheism isn't a religion...... riiiiigggghhhht. lol

• Gopher
    Gopher

If atheism is a religion, then baldness is a hairstyle and "not collecting stamps" is a hobby.

• designs
    designs

That's pretty funny. They're also known as Tailgate Parties!

• cofty
    cofty

I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit