I am trying to decide what to eat tonight.

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well, When I was younger, I wanted to go to cooking school. My Dad told me that he would not pay me to go to cooking school. He is financially well off. He said "your future wife or your Mom can cook for you."

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Side Note: My mom for years also have hard time deciding what to eat sometimes. I guess I inherited it from her.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Cofty, those bars do not have any refined sugar at all, but still they are not exactly that healthy.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Glennys Cranberry Almond Bars.

Kashi Dark Chocolate Cherry Bars.

Frozen Cherries.

Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal

Kashi Berry Lemonade with Chia Bars

Now that's what I call a nutritious, healthy, vitamin fortified meal.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(roll eyes around) Processed Foods are NOT good for all of us, that is why I bought them when I have trouble deciding on what to eat. Whole Foods Store is kinda of expensive, I would go there all the time if I have extra money.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Seriously, you don't know how to cook? In the US they have the Food Network. Learning the basics of how to cook a meal is so important to eat well and be healthy. I taught myself to cook from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook of my mother's. She bought me one when I got married and I still have one. It's not the original, but a newer one, I wear them out. I also love pinterest for cooking ideas. There are so many things that you can make in less time than it takes to go get fast food, cheaper and healthier too.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have lost the ability to cut and paste, but if you Google "Stephs is yummy chicken stuff" you will get a great, easy recipe. It's low carb, but you can add potatoes if you like. My husband loves this, it's super easy and yummy.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

We had caprese salad (tomato slices with mozzarella and olive oil with garlic and herbs), another salad (leftovers from the day before) with red pepper, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, onion and a dressing of olive oil and apple cider vinegar with oregano, basil and parsley and tomato soup (with lots of herbs, garlic, ginger and cream).

• KateWild
    KateWild

spaghetti bolognaise is a good starter for the novice. Find a simple recipie and away you go. Lets know how you get on

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit