Interesting TED talk

by TweetieBird 2 Replies latest social humour

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Even though this is primarily about coming out of the gay closet - it can also apply to coming out of the "apostacy" closet.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-4-year-old-girl-asked-a-lesbian-if-shes-a-boy-she-responded-the-awesomest-way-possible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Interesting! Does apply to apostasy.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The TED talk was awesome. I love TED! There are websites filled with them and we should watch one a day. Keep us humble and learnning. Ash makes a great point-our bodies are not built for the stress of the closets we put ourselves in. I stayed in a bad marriage for way too long, but when I left it, finally, the closet that protected me as well as imprisoned me was gone. There is more than one kind of stress, people, right? But at least my wounds are all out in the open and now things can heal, rather than festering and killing me off. The crazy thing is that my ex-who was complacent about our bad marriage has had angina ever since he turned the kids away from me because of the divorce circumstances. I think he is now in a closet of his own making and its hurting him. I am not very sympathetic. He has been an ass and he knows it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit