Many JWs are chaste or virtuous homosexuals and "in good standing"

by Rufus T. Firefly 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

[It gets under my skin when people post that a JW was df'd for being homosexual. If one ever was df'd simply for being homosexual, one would have ample grounds for a lawsuit. See the following. The comments in brackets are mine.]

"What Is Homosexuality? To help get this clear, consider dictionary definitions of homosexuality:

"Webster’s Third New International Dictionary of the English Language: 'Erotic activity with a member of one’s own sex.'

"The American Heritage Dictionary: '1. Sexual *desire* for others of one’s own sex [even if one is celibate]. 2. Sexual activity with another of the same sex.'

"The Random House Dictionary of the English Language: 'Sexual *desire* or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one’s own sex.'

"It is interesting that, according to dictionary definitions, homosexuality includes sexual DESIRE for others of one’s own sex [whether one acts on such desire or not]. Yet the Bible makes a *distinction* between the *practice* of what is bad and sinful *desires* or *tendencies* [or orientation]. These desires may be present despite determined efforts to eradicate them from mind and body. Because of their earlier life environment, and perhaps other factors, we may have Christian brothers and sisters who from time to time have the urge for sexual relations with members of their own sex [and who, therefore, by definition, ARE homosexual]. But they fight that unnatural, Satan-inspired desire—and they do not give in to it. So they are not practicing homosexuals [but they ARE homosexuals]. They get control of their thinking, knowing that wrong desire that is allowed to grow fertile is bound to express itself in wrong acts.

"What is condemned by God in the Bible, and is a disfellowshipping offense, is the “erotic activity,” or ‘sexual behavior,’ directed toward another person of one’s own sex. . . . Persons who may have homosexual desires [and who, by definition, are homosexuals] need to fight hard against them.”

(June 1, 1983, WATCHTOWER, page 25.)

[In view of the foregoing information, no JW is disfellowshipped simply for being homosexual. A JW may be disfellowshipped for fornication, whether it be homosexual or heterosexual in nature.]

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Somebody posted this article on Facebook a while ago. Interesting. I meant to read the book. Thank's for reminding me. http://www.prnewschannel.com/2011/11/29/discovery-apostle-paul-accepted-christian-homosexuals/

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Ex-elders here correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the elder's manual the Shepherding book mention that if it is found out that an individual JW spends the night at the house of a known homosexual of the same sex that would be grounds for disfellowshipping. I thought I remember seeing that in the elder's book.

LRG

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"an individual JW spends the night at the house of a known homosexual of the same sex that would be grounds for disfellowshipping"

Yes, well, it's grounds for judicial committee action. It's stated along with a JW staying all night at the house of someone of the opposite sex that's not a relative.

Just a note: Things can happen... several times... without the other person staying the whole night.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Billy, is it okay for a homosexual man to have a female roommate?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That's the problem with using a book written thousands of years ago to tell you how to live your life today. To tell gay people that they are perfectly acceptable as long as they don't have sex is ridiculous. Humans are born with a sex drive. To tell a healthy young man (or woman) that that he/ she should be celibate for his/her entire life, or worse, marry a woman or man he /she will never desire, thus ruining two lives, is cruel and doesn't work . There are several heartbreaking stories on here of people who really believed and attempted to live such a life, it doesn't work, no matter how determined and faithful they were. You are setting them up for a lifetime of frustration and heartbreak.

The people who spout this backwards nonsense are usually heterosexual, thus they have no idea what they are talking about. It's not a choice, it's how they are in every fiber of their being. You might as well tell them to change their eyes be on blue to brown, because that is the only way God will accept them. It's not going to happen, no matter how hard they try.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"is it okay for a homosexual man to have a female roommate? "

Logic would say that it's okay if she's a known lesbian... but WT isn't logical.

• factfinder
    factfinder

LisaRose- Very good points!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The JWs are only part of the problem (though, of course, the part that interests us) - the major influence is traditional Christianity. They are the truly evil ones.

• KateWild
    KateWild

IMO df'ing boils down to who the PO(CoBE) is. A Gay brother confesses to having sex. He says he is truly repentant and will not do it again.

Is he forgiven?

Jehovah will only forgive him if the JC jump to the tune of the CoBE. If he is loved and respected by that individual Holy Spirit will guide him to be forgiven. He is free to lead a double life and practice what he wishes or remain celebate.

Jehovah will not forgive him, if the elders and esp the CoBE has been "helping" him since before baptism on his feminine manerisms and voice. If the elders have always had it in for him, holy spirit will guide them he is not truly repentant.

IMO it has nothing to do with the flock book, holy spirit or Jehovah, it's all about the CoBE

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit