Revealing a counterfeit CLAIM: JW's as ordained ministers

by Terry 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mind blown
    mind blown

In 83' the sister I studied with was a pioneer, her husband as well as father inlaw elders. Not sure if their JW satuts is the same as of this late date.

She told me with absolute conviction that JW's were ordained by God to minister, and their certificate was the bible! I'm sure there's JW literature somewhere explaining that statement.

• Terry
    Terry

I was active--and attentive--for only about 15 of my 20 years associating with my fellow JW's.

The changes in official policy, as you all well know, do not come about by a simple statement which goes:

"We use to teach X and now we teach Z."

Often, the GB goes silent on a teaching they wish to change. Little by little contradictory (to the old way) articles emerge. Eventually, a convenient

Question from Readers appears and the switch-over becomes chisled in as a new boiler plate.

The LEGAL LIABILITY of having "agents" out and about has come home to roost for the WTS.

I'm sure they parse it differently, but I have no articles to quote.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Are you say[ing] any of the Bible can be substantiated?

I'm just saying if we use the bible as the standard for what christians and JWs ought to teach and believe, then the common claim of Noah being commissioned to preach to the people about the coming flood is unsubstantiated. It's a common tradition that has no firm basis in scripture.

• Terry
    Terry

common claim of Noah being commissioned to preach to the people about the coming flood is unsubstantiated. It's a common tradition that has no firm basis in scripture.

I think I understand what you're saying.

But, I just don't know how anybody (not just yourself) can say "firm basis" in connection with drawing a conclusion about what

is truly written, intended and affirmed factually.

Maybe I'm naive to even raise this point, but it does seem rather important.

For about fifteen hundred years there was only one orthodox teaching connected with Christianity and this was due to the Catholic church.

After Protestantism had its say, all hell broke loose and it was every non-Catholic believer for him or herself.

People read, pray and come up with novel "understanding."

How do we explain all the sects, divisions, denominations if there is such a thing as "firm basis?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit