I feel I can trust you......

by Tinkerbell4125 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I've read ALL the post and thank-you so much for all your replies!!!

Your feedback is appreciated very much! =:o)

Peace, how is your brother???? How has he been lately? And what kind of things does he like to do??? I haven't had a psychotic episodes or anything like that, but I was in the hospital for depression. For anyone out there that may be depressed, please know that there is help out there!

And Carmel, I appreciate you bringing out a possitive side of being bi-polar! I did hair and make-up for 20 years. Retired now. I paint, decorate, flower gardens, into music....
    I'm still on this kick trying to decide weather or not I'm really bi-polar. My hubby will laugh lovingly and reply,
    *Yes honey you are!!!* =;o) Tink

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hi Tinkerbell, I might have some info on being bi-polar for ya. I am also bi-polar II , different in severity form bi-polar I. In bi-polar I , you have severe manic episodes that can be very destructive,to the point of hallucinations and pyschosis. In Bi-polar II , you dont get that extreame personaility changes and you you dont nessesarily need to be hospitalized. Many times , you feel great, dont need much sleep, have boundless energy, feel like you can do many creative things. But sooner or later ,you come down from your manic high, and you feel tired and irritated. Then the depression can hit, and when it does you hate it , hate it as much as you loved the great feeling it was before. The depressions in both bi-polars are as severe as in other major depressive episodes.
    I have read many books on this and doctors told me many things . I didnt want to beleive that this is what was going on with me. I never sought help for it unless I was in the dooms of depression.
    The highs are pleasant , but while they are going on , I seem to forget that what goes up , must come down. I have been on prozac for the depressions, and it helped . I only stay on it long enought to get well. Funny thing is, I havent been on any meds like that for almost a year, and it has been a year since I left the borg!!!!!!!!!
    I know I am crazy .... LOL .... but the JW made me think I was worse than I really was, with all of their guilt trips. I am doing great .
    I have the mood swings, the ups and downs, but I am doing behavior modification instead of medications. That is important to me, because sometimes the meds can take away your creative edge, and even hamper your personality. Maybe this is not the case for everyone, but for me , I feel better about myself without meds. If I ever need to go back on them , I most definately will go back on them . Plus I have a great family that understands and they keep a good eye on me!!!! It is great to have a good support system. But what helped me the most , is to finally learn to like myself. To accept that being bi-polar is part of who I am. Not always a pretty site to see, I can tell you the truth about that, but I embrace it as part of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit