Drop the bomb!

by apocalypse 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I had a chance to drop a bomb on a 'bro' that I have known many years. You should'a been there.

(this is the second time in less than 2 months I have dropped this particular bomb on a bro and in this manner)

Before I tell the story, which you will enjoy, note that I have remained "in" the org for many years after finding out the TTATT.

1) for the sake of family (limited time left)
    2) because I have a unique opportunity to help various ones see the truth, the REAL TRUTH.

So far, I have aided quite a few (and I believe many wonder why these ones left). And I am still working on several and always looking to add to my collection. (so to speak)

So, a few nights ago I am at a JW gathering. I know pretty well everyone there by name. About 2 congo's worth. Good pickings.

Sitting with brother W.

Now, bro W had a good job many years back, underline good, and he quit it because -you guessed it- the "end was so close".

Bro W goes on to lament a bit saying he'd "never thought he'd be 62 in this system". You know, what with the end.... (He kind of dials it back a bit here)

I see my opp. "Oh yes, I said, I remember back then. In fact," I went on, "it was because of a Watchtower article on the subject of how close the end was that I got baptised"

I peaked his interest,

I continued... "I remember how I read that January 1 watchtower that said the preaching work would be done by 2000 and I got dunked right away"

Now he was really interested. His gaze was intent. He said nothing as he stared, waiting for what would come next.

I said "I remember one night when I was talking with (my wife) and she asked why I took so long to get baptised, what with being raised in and all...."

His stare deepened.

"So I related it all to her and how the watchtower said that the preaching work would be done before 2000, and she came back to me and asked about it."

"So I told her again, and then she said that the watchtower never said that"

He was transfixed.

"So, I insisted that I was not mistaken and I looked with her. I was frustrated to find that what I remembered was not to be found"

"Then I called my (relative) and asked if we still had the watchtowers that we actually studied back then, and hoarder (relative) said "YES!".."

Bro W actually had his mouth open by now. Nothing coming out though.

"So I went on over and got the actual watchtower that I studied that day back then, and opened it up, and there it was!"

Bro W is now somewhat perplexed. He asks "Why didn't you just go on-line? ...or use the CDrom?"

"OH.." I said "..that's not there, you need to have the ACTUAL ARTICLE to see that... it's different"

The blood drained from his face.

I am not making this stuff up.

At that point I dialed it back and made light, I could see he had just swallowed a large firecracker and it went boom in his gut.

I changed it up and wrapped up my end of the conversation.

Bro W was already weak, missing many meetings because of some 'event' not long back that stumbled him but good.

I will follow up with bro W and see where he gets to.

• baltar447
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Baltar - I was curious and looked that article up. I just was going to post that link. I don't remember ever hearing that growing up/ born in '83

I think that will come in handy one day...

• whathappened
    whathappened

Balter, thanks for the link and thank you Apocalypse and Welcome!

• clarity
    clarity

Hey great post Apocalypse!

Baltar thank you so much for the link!

clarity

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks Baltar!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Sneaky sobs, changing their history as they go to deny they ever got something wrong...I wonder who else has done that? Stalin, North Korea, Mao...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Enjoyed reading that, cheers. I like your approach to subtly sowing seeds of the TATT and respect your reasons for staying in. Well done and keep up the good work.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great stuff. Turn up the cognitive dissonance and watch their faith implode!

Some will come out alive and thank you for it.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Brilliant . I'm definitely going to practise this in the hope of using it myself. . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit