Human Insanity

by fulltimestudent 10 Replies latest social current

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Is it sane to spend two trillion dollars or possibly four trillion dollars, and finish up in a worse situation, than when you started.

Who could possibly be so stupid that they would do this?

That's my reaction to a BBC (UK) news item - the heading caught my attention:

US has left Iraq broken

Reference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24730270

By broken, the BBC story meant that the living situation for ordinary Iraqi people is worse than when they were ruled by Dictator Saddam Hussein.

And, this happened in a democracy, where the theory is, the good sense of all the people should prevent disasters like Iraq. It didn't! Which surely raises some questions about the value of democracy.

Why?

Is it because humans are stupid?

• Laika
    Laika

Hi fulltimestudent,

A few years ago at a work seminar I heard a talk by Alastair Campbell, director of communications for Tony Blair, afterwards we had the opportunity to write out questions for Alastair to answer, my question was: 'given the state of Iraq and that there was no weapons of mass destruction there do you regret supporting the war in Iraq?' His answer: 'No, I believe Iraq is better off without Saddam Hussein'

I was outraged, he showed no remorse whatsoever, if I was him, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Sadly there was no chance for follow up questions.

I agree, democracy failed and continues to fail by not locking up these people for war crimes. But I don't know the solution either...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not stupid. We love our dogma.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Laika,

Totally agree about Tony Blair. I find it interesting that after Iraq, he converted to Roman Catholicism. Was the blood on his hands too much of a burden to his conscience?

This record of an interview with Parkinson provokes thoughts:

In an interview with Michael Parkinson broadcast on ITV1 on 4 March 2006, Blair referred to the role of his Christian faith in his decision to go to war in Iraq, stating that he had prayed about the issue, and saying that God would judge him for his decision: "I think if you have faith about these things, you realise that judgement is made by other people ... and if you believe in God, it's made by God as well." [196] According to Alastair Campbell 's diary, Blair often read the Bible before taking any important decisions. He states that Blair had a "wobble" and considered changing his mind on the eve of the bombing of Iraq in 1998 . [197]

I assume that he thinks God is going to send him to hell. (And, hope he can enoy the companionship of his fellow conspirators while there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jgnat. Are westerners more driven by ideology than say the Russian communists were?

I won't mention Chinese communists, (there are none left anways), as soon as the party saw that communism wouldn't work, they attempted to kick Mao sideways. His comeback attempt resulted in the Cultural revolution (so-called). The most pragmatic government on earth today must be that of China. They try things out in a small area, if it works they implement it in a few more areas, if it still works its implemented nationally.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think Russians are the ultimate pragmatists. I mean, voting day was a holiday with free bread and beer. Now, there was only one candidate on the ballot, but with free bread and beer, who could resist?

P.S. Voter turnout is higher than it is in Canada.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

You've got a point ! umm, how about we ask for free cheese, too.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

FTS - thanks for sharing this, what a waste of life and treasure, very sad.

I think humans in many ways are stupid. They care more about politics and image, than doing what is the right thing to do. In this case though it was difficult to know what is the right thing to do, especially when you have more than half the country, demanding a pullout. Obama was largly elected on the mandate to pull out of Iraq, and so that is the result of a premature exit. That war should have never been started in first place, I completely agree with you that religion is very much a big part of that stupid and wasteful war. Still, pulling out pre-maturely though was stupid too. I believe they should have used oil from Iraq to continue funding the efforts of stabilization and westernization. Having a force of good in the Middle east, to spread new ideas is never a bad thing.

Here is a video that shows Tony Blair defending his religious beliefs in a debate with Christoher Hitchens, it's interesting to watch Blair's mental gymnastics as he defends his religion. Unfortunately religion still very much influences politics and poisons everything. This is a great example of why the debate on religion matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLVwNrIHXc

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Libya's condition is similar. The "US" will never actually leave Iraq, and then oversee 20 years of "reparations" funding, and replumb the oil and finance system, politics, etc, to suit the new regime. As part of the GWOT declared "world war" "on terror" similar smaller scale invasions are also occurring in USSOCOM researchable 100 or so mini-wars, all from the same post 911 pretext for a world invasion few even notice is coined a world war, as global war on terror.

Thus as people are shown street footage in Iraq and Libya, SOCOM is securing all the real loot and properties in the hills, banks, booty stashes, gold stores on site, etc, and the whole operation, footed by tax payers and more debt enslaving the "home nation", will be an eventual multi-trillion dollar operation counted in hard assets and capital, not in the USDollar that provides the well received illusion to be papered over in a smokescreen that will not break for a while.

Leading deluded and hired national politicians and advisors into this well orchestrated trap is easy as greed and power at miniscule national levels greases those tracks into governmental regulatory control to allow no holds barred super-corporate and super-financial control of the governmental circus everyone focuses on, while the real ring leaders invade the world, run the national governments into the ground and trillions in debt paying for the initial operation, to be seized in the globalization of finance that will be te only recourse of recovery left for the nations when this all goes into overdrive.

Thereby all the pieces on the chess board globally, and the whole board is then controlled by a globalized corporate super structure of finance, that empowered an actually globalized military system, already operating through a long compromised national governmental system, to hand their entire national wealth and physical reality to an international now fully financially, governmentally and militarily founded worldwide framework of an actual international world governmental ruling system above and beyond any national government, owning it all through the super finance corporate structure, and ruling in that fashion as super-sovereign entire nations whose autonomous sovereignty will evaporate with their wealth into globalized ownership structures, who already have 70% of the globalized military and governmental control in place at what used to be under national authority.

Finance power defines sovereign power, was already diverted in probably a quadrillion globally in 10 or 20 years of this post cold war operation globalized military power, corrupted the national governmental regulatory power to empower this progression, and will seize world financial power to finalize the inevitable. Dan11:42-43 in time culminates as Rev17:12-18 as Rev16:13-16 actual nearly full world globalization, which can fully complete after the ten year world government globalization cycle coming up, in a final decade theoretical acquisition of a few national weak pawns left over as loose ends for that finalizing round.

Thus they will never actually leave Afghanistan or Iraq, have poured probably 100 billion into their reorganizing nations, and will leave no national power they are already rooted into owning, by national debt at volumes guaranteeing globalized finance and monetary systems are wat must come first, along with the full globalization cycle for say ten years to achieve a first actual world governmental completion as an actual international ruling system far beyond the UN schematic that must be it's "conference room" and Marquee of world government.

8th King crazy like a fox.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I was going to show some other evidence of human insanity, which I will get to.

But, when I noted just how much has been spent, and how many people are dead, dead, dead as a result of this craziness, I thought I'd put it at the top of the list.

And, all this note at the cost of a great national sacrifice. The infrastructure of the USA, once arguably the finest in the world, degenerates at such a rate that the US, despites its great wealth and resourcefullness, may not be able to afford its repair and replacement.

At least, that seems to be the view of a writer in the Economist.

When you read this (if anyone does) just think of the two to four trillion poured down the sewer in vain useless wars for the vain-glory of three men.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2013/11/difference-engine

Difference Engine

End of the road

Nov 4th 2013, 18:42 by N.V. | LOS ANGELES

FOR a country as wealthy as America, the dilapidated state of its infrastructure sure is a sorry sight. Three weeks of motoring around Spain—an economic basket-case by comparison, with over twice the unemployment and less than two-thirds the per-capita income of the United States—has been an eye-opener for Babbage. Wide, well-engineered roads criss-cross the country, with clover-leaf accesses everywhere, and modern concrete bridges spanning ravines and gullies. Babbage returned to the crumbling freeways and surface streets of California more despondent than ever.

Once the envy of the world, America’s 47,000 miles (75,000km) of interstate highways and 115,000 miles of freeways and other dual-carriageways were built in a furious burst of road construction during the 1950s and 1960s. Half a century of heavy use later, and with little maintenance in between, America’s arteries have become clogged and cracked. “We’ve got about $2 trillion of deferred maintenance,” President Obama warned recently. The figure comes from a detailed study by the American Society of Civil Engineers. So far, however, the president's plea to a divided Congress for $50 billion to begin fixing the country’s ageing infrastructure has fallen on determinedly deaf ears.

Potholed roads take their toll on people’s vehicles, increasing maintenance costs, making motoring more hazardous than it need be, and causing untold delays. The more time people spend sitting in traffic, the more they spend on fuel, and the more pollution they produce in the process. Such things impose costs both on individuals and on society at large.

Faulty bridges impose even greater costs. When the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis collapsed into the Mississippi River in 2007, the catastrophe took 13 lives, injured 145 others and cost taxpayers $234m—not counting the months of delays and diversions. Failures among the country’s 600,000 or so bridges are increasing alarmingly. Two thirds have exceeded their normal life expectancy.

Not counting the 84,000 bridges connecting main arteries that are classified as “functionally obsolete” (meaning they can remain open, provided suitable weight and speed restrictions are enforced), there are a further 66,500 major bridges with known structural defects. Just fixing the backlog of these defective structures was estimated in 2004 to cost taxpayers $32 billion (see “A member too few”, June 3rd 2013). Today, the bill is considerably higher.

Unfortunately, the Highway Trust Fund, set up in 1956 to pay for building and maintaining the country's infrastructure, is on the verge of bankruptcy. When the money runs out next September, the federal government will be unable to reimburse states for much of the road construction and maintenance work already underway.

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

These examples of psychopathic behavior in collective social entities in various research articles may help you explain this collective insanity in other logical ways:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/search?q=psychopathic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit