Request stories on JW mental health issues

by optimusprime 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• optimusprime
    optimusprime

I am just curious as to how much of a problem mental illness is among JWs. I would like to hear what others have to say regarding their own experiences in this matter. Specifically, I want to know how these individuals were handled in the congregation and whether or not being a JW contributed to the effects on mental illness.

Thanks,

Optimus

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

In a nearby congregation in my city, half of the members are on Prozac, and the other half should be.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When I think about it I'd say that 98 percent of all Dubs are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Even the ones that seem to be normal with no obvious mental issues, but if their following that drivel that comes out the GB's ass or mouth, something's wrong somewhere with them.

• optimusprime
    optimusprime

I understand what both previous have said, but I am interested in specific examples.

Optimus

Thanks to both of you that already posted.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would suggest you use the search option next to active topics at the top of your screen , their have been a number of studies in different countrys over the years , at least one or two from Australia and a few from Europe that should give you what your looking for .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

One of the questions raised in these studys is , Does being a JW for many years lead to mental problems ? or are people with mental problems attracted to jehovahs witnesses.

smiddy

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

From my personal experince, it´s a combination of both. In my last cong you could actually see in their faces how bad they felt.

Absolutely horrific, something out of "Night of the living dead"

It´s so sad how this evil cult destroys lifes.

P:s I´m NOT exaggerating!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

House holders are usually in a weak state of mind when a JW knocks on their doors.

JW look for a person who is what? Having personal problems.

WT are written to attract the weak minded to give them hope.

A strong minded person would not listen to a JW at the door.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Generally, aside from people with diagnosed mentall illness what I observed were more like personality disorders. Narcsism, obsessive compulsive disorder, paranoia, god complex. There is no doubt that the JW experience creates antisocial people, people with deep distrust of the outside world and all who dwell in it including family. Getting your head around the idea that 99.9% of humans will be destroyed in an agonising way by god...but he loves you, would turn anyone's mind.

• Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit