"Truth expiry date July 2017" -- this a Youtube joke?

by FatFreek 2005 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I just stumbled on this Youtube video of some 1 minute in length. The originator says he found this by chance when thumbing through the Jan 1, 2012 Watchtower magazine. At the bottom of the last page the statement reads, "truth expiry date July 2017". Shortly following his expose of that statement, a little window pops up which says, "this was not serious".

What do you make of it?
    Len

ps: you'll have to copy and paste the link in your browser field as my Chrome editor in JWN won't allow me to paste links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrZo5wdSgo

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Isn't that the JWN poster " Ablebodiedman" ??? I could be wrong. I don't think I have that WT anymore.

DD

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Well if Bethel pulls a hoax climax in 2014 as some are now profiling as a speculation (to appeal to the "centennial effect" since 1914, to reinforce the final stage of the illusion), then 2017 is the concluding timing of Dan8:14 as a 1150 day half period of Bethel desolations "evening" phase 1 from speculation 2014 dating. (There is an "evening" phase, and a "morning" phase in that order).

Meaning the darkness "evening" period of JW bewilderment in that Dan8:14 passage, would not end until in 2017 3.19 years after the beginning of the Bethel financial and organizational implosion marked by some event. That "evening" "darkness" is for those not in knowledge of the Bethel operation actually being undertaken.

And it may possibly be signalled in WT publications as possibly indicated here. It is signalled in other ways. (WT 11/15/13, pg. 20, par. 17, statement #3, for example).

• zeb
    zeb

May be a ploy by a bethel worker to cause dissent.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

If someone has that issue of the Watchtower, posting a scan would be appreciated by all. At the very least, report on what you see -- or don't see to confirm what we see in the video -- or NOT. If not, the poster has done a great disservice to all. We don't need a hoax to show that Watchtower is a cult and is full of contradictions and lies.

Len

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Don’t need a scan. of course it's a joke.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Did you even watch the end? It said "This is not serious." 0:50 secs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Isn't that one of the " A Screwed Generation " videos? They are pretty funny, and informative.

DD

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

it might NOT be a joke........

Here is the PDF of it from the official site..... http://www.jw.org/download/?issue=20120101&output=html&pub=wp&fileformat=PDF&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

As you can see, the part on "would you welcome a visit" all of the text that would be there is erased.

HOWEVER, if you look at another magazine, such as the very next month, Feb 2012, all the text is there. http://www.jw.org/download/?issue=20120201&output=html&pub=wp&fileformat=PDF&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

So I wonder if it did say that and they erased it?

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

There are unique issues at times. If you compare the June 1, 2009 street version WT in printed and pdf form, the cover in some pdf versions includes a yellow "50%" sign in the bookstore cover image, which text "50% off" is not present in the printed versions, but the placard sign on the bookshelf is.

For all I know that variation may be present in printed and pdf versions, as I could of course not check all of them, but that anomaly I did notice in that 2009, 6-1 issue of WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit