Holy spirit handouts, and the magical prayers only the Witnesses get answered.

by msconcerned 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'As long as you look holy'

So True JO............. looking holy gets you a long way in the WBTS.

• Comatose
    Comatose

When it first became known I was not at the meetings I had many people calling and trying to encourage or convince me. Many of them told me about prayers that god had answered. They were invariably either impossible to prove or narcissistic.

Examples:

1. As a child I needed clothes, we were very poor, I was so embarrassed at school. A sister came and dropped a lot of old clothes her daughter grew out of the NEXT day. I knew Jehovah had helped.

2. Once I was worried about my grown children, I had a horrible feeling something bad had happened. I prayed to Jehovah that he help my child and protect if something was wrong. Child then called me on telephone almost right away. I knew god had relieved my fears by answering that prayer.

I didnt have the heart to point out these prayers flaws. The people involved were so affected by them. Crazy cuckoo.

• Terry
    Terry

Jehovah's Witness teaching is that the holy spirit was only operative from 33 C.E. (Pentecost) until 1918.

Beginning in 1919 Angels began transmitting "Truth" to the GB.

So, for all practical purposes, the holy spirit--when it was available, was only for the purposes of the anointed remnant.

In the early 1930's there were "too many" heavenly hope claims being made--so, the doctrine of OTHER SHEEP was begun.

Non-anointed have only the GB/Organization as mediator--not Jesus or holy spirit.

For all "other sheep" the Organization is as close as you can get to Jehovah.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Terry where could I find this on the angels relaying since 1919? I am a born in and i didnt know that. Like to be able to show others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit