About vaccination

by juanvazquez88 8 Replies latest jw friends

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

The other day, we (my df wife and i) take our baby to his firsts vaccinations. since he born, my parents-in-law ( former witnesses)

violated the prohibition of talking with us and there are more close to us than before. when we arrive to our house, they are waiting us Amd we have a little dinner and a religious-less nice conversation. The theme of vaccinations shows up, and my father-in law say things like: thank god that we have that kind of things that prevents illness in the babies, etc, etc. while me thinking "if you know that jw condemned vaccination". I said nothing and just nodded. When they left i said to my wife: "you know, they are still some religions than dont allow their people to get vaccinations, letting their children died, etc because they beliebe its satans works or something. And sje answer: "its horrible how do they believe, is about your son health"

do i should told her and my parents in law about the jw doctrine about this?? They both seems to know nothing about....

• Terry
    Terry

The proving part is easy, but you have to set it up properly so it pays off.

You draw them out first and get them to commit a definite personal opinion on what kinds of people

would forbid children from taking vaccinations during the polio epidemic.

Since they have nothing to lose they'll think rationally.

Then ask what they think about people who teach germs don't cause disease and about people who say doctors who

provide vaccinations are controlled by Satan.

Just draw them out. Make the consider and reason and commit.

Get ahold of scans of the Golden Age (Awake!) articles and Watchtower articles with stupid anti-science statements.

Mail them anonymously.

Play dumb.

Oh, and read this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/265897/1/A-peek-into-the-history-of-fanatical-BLOOD-DOCTRINE-origins#.UnGsySrxu54

and this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/265920/1/WATCHTOWER-HOAXES-on-the-spectrum-of-mendacity#.UnGtDirxu54

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

countdown to the anti-vax people showing up in this thread.

• chapstick
    chapstick

Thing is vaccinations are killing people by the thousands. All you have to do is look...

Quick enough Barrold?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

vaccinations have saved MILLIONS. Odds are you are alive right now because either you or the people around you are vaccinated. Weird shit can happen like bad batches (which is super rare) or allergic reactions, which is rare, and a reason to consult your doctor beforehand.

If you're anti-vaccine you are a retarded idiot (edited, guideline 3 - jgnat) who should eat a bullet and do the world a favor.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I wouldn't go that far. If you are against vaccines, you ought to do some more research. It's a public health issue. If no one takes vaccines, then people get sick and die from diseases that are preventable. If everyone takes vaccines, some people get sick from the vaccines, but far fewer than the number who get sick and die without vaccines. If most people take vaccines, then the unprotected are taking a risk. Which is numerically more likely: getting sick from the disease if unprotected or getting sick from the vaccine? Just check out the history of some of those diseases we no longer get. In my childhood they started innoculating all of us against polio. Result? Within a few years very few children were getting polio. When's the last time you heard of someone coming down with polio in a country that innoculates its children? But just a few years before we all started taking the vaccine for polio, it was a common occurance to hear of or know someone with polio.

If you don't vaccinate your children, you are betting with their lives.

However, I do have a concern about them getting a lot of vaccines at once. I think they ought to be spread out a little.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I must say I´am in favour of vaccines. We have today almost destinguished deseases like bubonic plauge, polio and others, thanks to vaccines discoveries.

One hundred fifty years ago, when nobady had acces to vaccines, millions of people died in their childhood becouse there were no threatment for these deaseses. Consequently mans life span has increased with more then 20 years. Look at the upraising polio epedemia in Syria, due to lack of vaccines. About 20 children has been discovered having polio the latest days. This a consequense due to the civil war there. We thought that we had destinguised Polio as well but when vaccines stops comming - polio is comming back. Sorry for those 20 children..

Bugbear

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Basically what bugbear said. I wish we had a time machine so I could take anti-medicine people back 100 years and show them what it was like.

Also, for something recent, check this out http://www.npr.org/2013/09/01/217746942/texas-megachurch-at-center-of-measles-outbreak

That's basically what would happen EVERYWHERE if people stopped being vaccinated.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/medical.php#vaccinations

vaccinations were BAD for jws until the early 1950's when the WTS slipped the change by jws in such a way that many jws from that era still thought it was wrong not just a conscience matter. Was that when the WTS started requiring people be vaccinated to get a passport?

My jw family eagerly accepted the "new light" as polio was ravaging the US and the rest of the world and we started being a world traveling family. Just 10 years ago a jw my age refused to have his children vaccinated citing the old info that had been made law to him by his anointed mother.

It confuses people when jws are so inconsistent in their individual views and push them on fellow jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit