Bought a car today and the strangest thing happened

by label licker 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• label licker
    label licker

I see this picture of a clown in a suit and tie hanging on the wall in the salesman's office so I think definitely reminds me of a joho clown. This nice salesman is sitting at his desk and so I told him his picture makes you think. He said he would rather be fishing and has a pic on his computer of him fishing in Belize. He said he's been at his job for over twenty years and now he's in it for the long haul just like his marriage.

I told him what would his wife think of that if she heard him say those things. He said which wife. He has one in the old country which he goes back to see from time to time and one here in Canada. I asked him why he doesn't bring the other wife down here and he said that they don't know each other and he's still married to the both of them. Never divorced.

I go home and tell our friend who use to be an elder(who also left the org years ago) in that area about my experience with this man and give them his name and guess what? Yes, he's a jw. The elders never gave him any privileges even though his wife and two kids have been pioneering for many years. So I'm guessing that the elders know and as long as it's not public knowledge they won't do anything. Like they did at my old hall. There was a brother who was living common-law with a nonjw and the coordinator did nothing about it. Later someone sent in a letter to bethel who also knew and the coordinator got removed. That was after he gave a local needs on marrying in the lord.

When I go back to pick up my new car, I will go and see him and let him know that's exactly what my grandfather did to his first wife. Left her back in Greece with their children and came over here and started a new life with wife and kids. And that he should really be careful who he tells this to and introduce myself. I'll start off by telling him that the picture of the clown in a suit and bow tie reminds me of those people that knock on my door. See what he says. He's elderly and very nice but was proud to tell me and another lady about his wives. It was a really bizarre day.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

How strange that anyone would admit to bigamy to a stranger, especially a Jehovah's Witness.

I bought a car last year and while waiting for the paperwork the salesman asked me if I was religious. I thought that odd question in that context and wondered if my JW past still showed, lol. I said used to be in a cult but was no longer religious. He asked "Jehovah's Witness?" . I said yes, how did you know? He said he had a JW girlfriend at one time. It was very strange, most people do not know that Jehovah Witnesses are a cult.

• millie210
    millie210

what an interesting experience Label licker!

Although, if he talks about it casually at work it might one day become "common knowledge".

I am still stunned though that this is being overlooked although I shouldnt be stunned over anything these days I guess...

• label licker
    label licker

It gets even more bizarre. The owner of the dealership is a jw who divorced his first wife and neither spouse got df'd and he married his second wife which was in a kingdom hall. The brother who is the manager had a sign business before he became manager at this dealership. Someone owed him money at another dealership place that he cleaned so one night he went in to clean and took one of the keys to one of the cars and had it duplicated. Then one night he stole the car. There were lawyers involved and the dealership was going to press charges but dropped all the charges in the end.

Unfortunately, there was a chinese sister who was working there at the front desk at the time and witnessed everything. This guy was an elder and made it really hard on this poor sister until she had to move away and find work else where in Toronto. This guy got off and was able to remain and elder but the other elder that wanted him to fess up got removed. You really should live at this neck of the woods. You can't make this shit up.

There were pictures taken of a co and his wife. Can't remember if it was an anniversary but in the picture we see some of the bethelites and other co's there along with this idiot elder thief. And who did they use alot in assembly parts was this goon. We saw shit like this go on constantly and kept quiet. All we wanted to do was leave quietly yet we got the most severe lashing. Never again!

• Simon
    Simon
    I've watched soap operas that didn't have such elaborate and complex characters!
  • label licker
    label licker
    Simone, I wish our experiences in this snake pit would have been just that, a soap opera. Over and over we kept asking ourselves is it us and what's wrong with these people. Why don't we fit in. Now we know. It wasn't us after all. Once I came on to your site, there was this burden taken off our shoulders knowing that we weren't alone and found the truth about the truth.. We didn't have to worry any more but plan our exit. Thank you for all the hard work you do:)
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    DITTO!
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

I really relate to what you said, Labellicker. All growing up in the JW's (1980's, 90's), I always felt like I didn't fit in with the JW's. So of course, you are constantly questioning yourself as to why you are never "good enough" to hang out with, be invited to things, or just generally fit in. I always fit in at school much better. School was actually a welcome escape! After a while, with maturity, and especially now looking back in hindsight, it all makes sense. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with me, I was surrounded by cultist LOONS! They were all manipulative, egotistical, self-centered narcissists who thought everyone in the world was wrong, and THEY and they alone were right, and that YHWH God was going to vindicate them and they'd rule the world and pet pandas in the New Order, laughing over the dead bodies of the people who slammed the doors in their arrogant faces every Saturday morning.

I was surrounded by delusional, bible-thumping End Times cult nutcases, and I DID NOT fit in! I wasn't the problem, they were ! So many would stab each other in the backs and smile all the while. Ugh! So glad to be out of it I could do backflips down the middle of the street!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit