About 1914?

by Slidin Fast 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Oops. You are correct.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

London111:

In the past, it appears they were very specific, even nailing down to the day: 3/26/1918.
    Oops. You are correct.

Yeah, what were you thinking?! They'd never say that. That would be crazy.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Indeed!

In the past, the year 1918 had great significance in Watchtower Theology:

(1) By this year, Satan is removed (no later)

(2) The First Resurrection begins.

(3) The end of the 1260 days.

(4) The year Jesus begins to inspect professing Christian denominations.

There is probably even more claimed about this year. I wonder if 1918 is being phased out as a date of significance on all these counts.

• wasblind
    wasblind

However, they also do not officially believe that Satan was cast out of heaven in 1914 ___Jeffro

Hello Jeffro,

The WTS change the " truth " so much, it's hard for any of us to keep up

here is what was stated in the Reasoning book

" How, then is the time calculated down to 1914 ?Counting 2,520 years from early October of 607 B.C.E . brings us to early October of 1914 C.E., as shown on the chart.

What happened at that time ? Jehovah entrusted rulership over mankind to his own Son, Jesus christ.

Then why is there still so much wickedness on the earth ? After Christ was enthroned, Satan was hurled down to earth."___Reasoning book pages 96-97

• wasblind
    wasblind

Many Witnesses I knew claimed WWI was triggered by Satan bein' hurled down to earth in 1914

• DNCall
    DNCall

wasblind: The problem with WWI being triggered by Satan's confinement to earth is that WWI broke out months before Chirst was supposedly enthroned and started kicking butt.

• wasblind
    wasblind

DNCall

I'm so ashamed that I let these charlitans fool me

They warned me 'bout sites like these that point out

how stupid this religion is

And me too if I followed it

• steve2
    steve2

Satan's thoughts about all of this are now very well known and I quote him (if I may):

"Thank God war broke out in August 1914 on earth - well before I was kicked out of heaven because people were so distracted by the unfolding earthly events, they did not notice me being kicked out of heaven. If there had been no war, people would have clearly noticed me being kicked out. Silly, distractible humans. Guffaw! What a coup! Fan-tas-tic!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit