Is everyone required to be enrolled in the theocratic ministry school?

by hoser 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Can a publisher "drop out" and still be in good standing?

• looter
    looter

I would believe the answer is yes because they always say you never graduate from the school. By them saying that, I don't think anyone would ever be apt to drop out.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Can a publisher "drop out" and still be in good standing?

Yes. My mom was extremely shy and never wanted to be on stage. I’ve know plenty when I was in who refused to give talks or parts for TMS because of shyness and other reasons.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I asked a few months ago to come off... after 45 years of giving talks. It was just accepted with no questions asked and no one has said anything ever since. I'm still considered in good standing. If only they knew LOL

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, to your op. No, to your subject's title.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

An elder said during a Local Needs item that being on the Ministry School was effectively part of your worship to Jehovah! The reason he was saying it was because so many were missing their assignments, and several were not even on the School, making it likely that the second school was going to be scrapped! (that wouldn't have looked good to the Area Manager when he came to visit!) It had the desired effect - it frightened 2 or 3 to join the school and make up the numbers!

Shepherds???? They can't even shepherd their own thinking!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In just a few years I will be celebrating 50 years since I was in the WT Borganism, but as I recall, no one was *required* to join the TMS, but it was considered a sign of "spiritual progress".

Like the Chinese Finger Trap, once in it is difficult to withdraw. The best strategy is to begin missing a bunch of assigned talks, which means that someone else will have to prepare a talk with only minutes notice. After a few of these stunts they will probably be happy to let you go.

As I recall, that was part of how I went from Pioneer/MS to zero in a brief time. I didn't want drama, I just wanted OUT.

• dozy
    dozy

It surprises me just how many JWs aren't on the school.

We had a couple of elder's wives who weren't on the school , which occasionally was something of a bone of contention amongst the elders.

We also had a "householder only" list which seemed to grow by the month.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Un-listing from that school has been part of my “Fade out” strategy. I happen to be a good speaker and that brought too much heat in that the elders keep dreaming about me making progress. So, as I no longer do school parts and meaningful comments, I hope they’ll slowly forget about me.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

No..unless you have physical or mental issues that can be verified by a team of medical professionals. The group of medical professionals must provide documentation that states unequivocally that you cannot participate in the TMS. They must also state if you are restricted from serving as the householder or if that would be permissible. If you simply choose to "opt out" then others will notice and you might be construed as having been dealt with judicially and for that reason not allowed to participate even if you wanted to when you obviously did not want to in the first place. LOL

SOP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit