When You Were In, Did You Think Everyone Was Out To Get You Because You Were. A Witness?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Watkins
    Watkins

No, like simon17, just felt weird that everyone else thought I was weird.

To a jw, just getting a 'householders' door slammed in your face is 'persecution'. They should all read about the first century martyrs to put it in perspective. Being boiled in oil, torn asunder, fed to wild beasts in the Colisuem, or being burned at the stake as a heretic IS persecution - being told "no, I'm not interested in your literature" is NOT.

W

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yeah, having a gun pointed at your family and threatened to shoot if you don't renounce your faith is persecution.

Being thought of as weird for your religion is not.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Other jws told me Satan was using my non jw mother against me whenever I had a big fight with her n came to the meeting miserable because of it but I never bought into the idea my mum was somehow a tool of Satan. I knew her too well and what the others saw as me being persecuted at home for being a jw I saw as mum and I just having disagreements. Heck, we used to fight before I was a jw. So while I saw the world as a terrible place that needed to be endured, my experience as a jw was never one of persecution but mostly just curiosity or apathy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit