I messed up again... Opened my mouth... oh well, we'll see where the cards end

by ILoveTTATT 17 Replies latest jw friends

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I hope everything works out.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, Do you know about this webpage on http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/pamphlet.php#L2 which is in Spanish? Would it help your friend to support what you have told him?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, I think the way you discussed the issue was good. You eased into the discussion with examples he could understand. You got a little excited at the end, maybe said too much, but overall, I like it.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

So a little update: We talked a bit more, he promised again he wouldn't say anything to anyone... So I showed him the Kingdom Interlinear (he speaks enough English, in fact, the study was in English since I was in an English hall in Mexico)... and showed him how in Acts 7:60, the verse clearly could mean that Jesus was prayed to if you just remove "Jehovah" which was never there, and retain the originals which said "Lord"... he got the point. I also showed him John 14:14, where "me" is in the original but it was decided to be omitted on the NWT.

I left him a homework: Lookup all the times it says "Jehovah" in the NWT in the NT, and think if it changes the meaning of the verse, putting "Lord" or "God" in, because that was the original. He said he would take the time to do that.

He's a good kid...

=)

ILTTATT

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Oh and THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

The very fact you could have this conversation with him tells me you did the right thing .The ball is in his court now and whichever way it goes its not your fault .it will be his choice.

smiddy

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, Have you ever wondered why the WTBTS has spent a lot of effort in creating the Jehovah brand? To be a Christian a person is suppose to be a follower of Jesus Christ and his teachings and thus have a closer relationship with God. By creating the Jehovah brand the WTBTS has created a bait and switch. The WTBTS promotes that it has bible "Truths" and switches from following Jesus Christ to Jehovah and by extension the WTBTS. All a person has to do is read WTBTS propaganda to realize that the WTBTS is trying to diminish the importance of Jesus Chirst and elevate the importance of the WTBTS/GB and reading its propaganda instead of the Bible.

From my little exposure to JWs and reading Steve Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control", it appears to me that when the WTBTS uses the word "Jehovah" they could be refering to God, God's Organization, and/or the GB, but they are definately not refering to Jesus Christ nor the Holy Spirit. Cult Speak is a very powerful tool according to the BITE model and the WTBTS has perfected Cult Speak by creating the Jehovah brand.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Rob, I think that is, after the blood transfusion topic, the most reprehensible thing the WT has ever done... actually change the words of the Bible. That was what did it for me... I could have debated the other doctrines endlessly, but to change the Bible was for me just too much... that's when I recognized that this religion does not have God's blessing.

ILTTATT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit