ELDERS CAME KNOCKING AT MY DOOR

by wakingup60 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

Just this week I got a call from an elder at my door. I didn't answer it. I called him on his cell and said politely that I'm not social, and I DO NOT like the pop in visit. Please call before you come. He said well you mean leave a msg and say we are coming or send a text? I said no, I mean get me on the phone and get my approval that it is okay to come by.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, same as what's been said. When they come to your door, be busy and say you don't have time to talk, then keep it about the weather or something. Keep away from doctrine or attempts on their part to drag a confession. I told mine I have their numbers n know where the hall is so if I need them I know where to find them. They'll back off for a bit.

• wakingup60
    wakingup60

Snare&Racket..LOl!..You crack me up!

You were right they were 2 window cleaners!..( COBE AND another Elder )

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

you are doing the right thing, I would write to them and demand that under no circumstances whatsoever do they ever call unannounced again or you will seek legal advice, do not answer any calls from them or voicemails and texts messages or emails , iphones can simply block any number you want now.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Why did you even answer the door? Really... If you had to go look, (because somebody important might be coming) then why even open the door?

Or just open the door and say "SHOVE OFF"... really....

I can't understand why you even gave them the time of day. In your situtaion, you are done with them all and have no family in, then just say, "Leave, don't come back, I'm done with you, and if you don't leave me alone, I will press charges for stalking."

At first, I was going to suggest you open the door and show them two moons. However, depending on what kind of JW pervert they might be, you might never be rid of them. They might return weekly hoping for more.

Pervs.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Tell them to write you a letter.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Hi wakingup, they were hounding me too a few weeks ago and I got to the point where I could only dodge so many calls. Finally I straight up let one of them know that although I appreciated his "concern" (C.O. is visiting soon I believe) that I had no desire nor need to speak to them about anything.

All seems quiet for now, really hope it stays that way. Be direct- but nice and they'll hopefully get a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit