Watchtower admonitions against unofficial pro-JW websites

by Londo111 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

A friend of mine asked, "Do you recall a Watchtower or KM that said the JW's are not suppose to read, or post information in defense of the watchtower on their own personal website or anyone else’s website?"

Of course, there is the July 15, 2011 Watchtower: “What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs. Why do we take such a firm stand? Because of love. We love “the God of truth,” so we are not interested in twisted teachings that contradict his word of truth.Any others? I don't have the CD ROM anymore and the online library doesn't have KMs.

I seem to remember a few KMs that told JWs not to have their own pro-JW websites, that there is only one website to go to, ect.

• whathappened
    whathappened

They just want you tredging door to door, none of this easy count your time stuff!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

"It would be a mistake to think that you need to listen to apostates or to read their writings to refute their arguments. Their twisted, poisonous reasoning can cause spiritual harm and can contaminate your faith like rapidly spreading gangrene." Watchtower 2004 Feb 15 p.28

10 Web Sites of “Jehovah’s Witnesses”: Consider, for example, some Internet sites set up by individuals who claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses. They invite you to visit their sites to read experiences posted by others who claim to be Witnesses. You are encouraged to share your thoughts and views about the Society’s literature. Some give recommendations about presentations that could be used in the field ministry. These sites offer chat rooms for individuals to connect to, allowing live communication with others, similar to talking on the telephone. They often point you to other sites where you can have on-line association with Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. But can you tell for certain that these contacts have not been planted by apostates?

18 Noticeably, there have been a number of individuals who have created Web sites ostensibly to preach the good news. Many of these sites are sponsored by indiscreet brothers. Other sites may be sponsored by apostates who wish to lure unsuspecting ones. (2 John 9-11) Commenting on whether there is a need for our brothers to create such Web sites, Our Kingdom Ministry, November 1997, page 3, stated: “There is no need for any individual to prepare Internet pages about Jehovah’s Witnesses, our activities, or our beliefs. Our official site [www.watchtower.org] presents accurate information for any who want it.”
    -November KM 1999

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I don't recall them coming right out and condemning pro-jw sites . I think they

said they only authorize Watchtower generated sites . or some such weasel words .

• tiki
    tiki

oh those indiscreet ones.....just a hair away from those mentally diseased poss-taits.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks. It is definitely implied, yet worded very carefully.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

year or so ago we had talk telling us to only use/research the official jw.org site.....hence the simplification of websites...

• St George of England
    St George of England

*** km 9/02 p. 8 par. 6 Avoid the Pursuit of “Valueless Things” ***

6 Internet Web Sites: We have an official Internet Web site: www.watchtower.org. This site is adequate to make information available to the public. There is no need for any individual, committee, or congregation to prepare a Web page about Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some have posted the contents of our publications with all scriptures and references given in full and have even offered copies of convention material on a donation basis. Whether profit is involved or not, the practice of reproducing and distributing publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses in an electronic document is a violation of copyright laws. While some may view this as a service to the brothers, it is not approved and should be discontinued.

George

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

London, how many years are you affiliated with Watchtower? When asked why our know-it-alls don't read other books, my elders said the books have the power to trick you. Asking them a simple question, "Is the Organization not strong enough to answer the critics who challenge the teachings we promote? What's wrong with engaging in questions like Greg Stafford and other lovers of God? Hal Flemming, Greg Stafford and brother Rolf Fururi have the courage of the true Apostles, why can't we fight back or is there truth to their claims?" The elders asked me if I was reading the "Evil Slave Website", "No, I don't read Evil Slave websites, do they really exisit or you trying to scare me?"

JWN, jwstruggle, paradise cafe, Elihu-books, Free-Minds are not Evil Slave websites, the Evil Slave does not leave his fellow Slaves, he in fact lives with them in the same mansion with his fellow Faithful Slave. Jesus said this much, my brothers were not impressed with my logic and using the Bible under the influence with a free mind and free Christian Conscience. How does it feel to be back, are they treating you with love and compassion or is it business as usual? God Bless you London!

Brother Jason

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So why would "those taking the lead" possibly object to anyone getting the word out in any way, shape or form?

They are control freaks. These admonitions from the GB/FDS prove that they are more interested in control than in any alleged desire to "spread the good news."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit