Are Faith-based assertions falsifiable?

by braincleaned 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

all of nature is subject to the sin and death in it and its flesh. So that we see animals give into their flesh (the desires/instinct? of the flesh - eat or be eaten; kill or be killed; survival of the fittest)

Wow Tammy do your delusions have any limit? So now according to the petty rules of your creepy mind whispering god, animal/insect/bacteria survival is now equated with sin. It's arguments like this that creates more atheists than the best arguments of Dawkins.

• tec
    tec

Sin and death entered the WORLD, tt2c... not just man.

Peace,

tammy

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

LMAO @ DNCall and the Hawaiian nose-humming comment. Tears in my eyes. Thank you for that! :D

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

//And all of nature is subject to the sin and death in it and its flesh.// This is maybe the first time I hear that animals are subject to sin. Interesting... but may I ask where you heard this?
    Because as far as I know, jesus did not come to save all nature from sin — just humankind, no?

The full context of Rom. 5:12 is "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one MAN, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all PEOPLE, because all sinned--"

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Love Seth's work Island Man... thank you for sharing. :D

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sin and death entered the WORLD, tt2c... not just man.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

It's important for all of us to read the context of any scriptural quote.
    Often in the close proximity either before or after the quote lies the full and true intent of the quote.

There is not one instance in the Bible that even hints on animal sin.
    In fact, nothing even hints at animals becoming wild only after Adam's sin.
    The cycle of life started way before the alleged creation of the first couple, which agrees with archeology.

From Genesis to Revelation sin is solely attached to humanity.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, I thought you meant Seth Rogen! LOL. He did great work in the This is the End. He managed to condense all the folklore in to one action-packed movie, while still managing to find roles for all his actor friends. Don't miss Satan getting his own back at the end. I loved it. Hubby was horrified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_the_World_(2013_film

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I wanna see that.
    But I meant, Seth Andrews — the Thinking Atheist. ;)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I watched the WHOLE THING to figure that out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit