The Society recommended a book written by a demon-inspired woman

by The Quiet One 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
  • DATA-DOG
  • baltar447
    baltar447

I heard about this from a former bethelite in the early 90s. He read it and had his own crisis of conscience over it. Later I read it and was all nervous so i read it really fast. It's totally lame.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Thanks for searching out that old thread by LivingtheDream. It was funny to learn about his discovery of the book Angels and Women at the bethel library. With him being so interested in Greek and Roman mythology I can understand why he was so excited about the novel, even to the point of shaking.

That elder’s reaction to the book is typical. Most elders I know consider speculation beyond the WT pages to be Hearsay. Only the higher ups can openly say they read such things, such as Samuel Herd. I’ve mentioned a few speculative aspects from the book to different elders and they all look at me with contempt. I’ve only mentioned the concepts, I never mentioned the source. It’s kind of sad, JW’s aren’t allowed to ponder or speculate. I’ve learned over the years not to mention that book unless someone brings it up first.

I hate to ruin the conspiracy about the original author but she is no spirit medium. Rutherford or whoever wrote the forward made a false assumption about the source of her inspiration. She may have been compelled to write it after listening to music but she never mentions in her appendix/notes section that Hesperus made her do it. Maybe George Lucas was inspired by a demon to create the Starwars saga. I mean it has holy spirit force, along with good and bad guys with supernatural powers. Starwars could have come from Satan because it's so successful. Look how many years they've stretched the story. I mean there's three more due to come out.

JG Smith, aka Ann Eliza Smith, was well versed in the scriptures. The St. Albans, Vermont, historical society has records stating a period where she taught Sunday school. Her main hobby was researching ancient traditions and myths of other cultures, just like LivingtheDream did with Greek and Roman mythology. She didn’t limit her ancient history reading to that of the bible. If you read her first written work you’ll find that the information in Seola is just from her imagination. Her first work is called, From Dawn to Sunrise – A review, historical and philosophical of the religious ideas of mankind.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I just read "Journey to God's House" from the excellent Brock Talon... he mentions this and the stir he made.
    Great book, and fun to read. You won't be disapointed... and if you know Bethel, you will LOVE it! :D

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
  • Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

"Among some brethren it was a favorite and among others taboo."

Lets's say most toboo and a very few it's a favorite. That's what I find today.

• Honesty
    Honesty

That's nothing.

The society wrote a book inspired by a demon god and called it the bible.

A couple of weeks ago they released a new, improved version of that book.

It was also inspired by a demon god and they still call it a bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit