Favorite or Follow A Thread

by pronomono 2 Replies latest forum suggestions

• pronomono
    pronomono

I know there is a feature that allows you to view threads that you start and threads that you have posted to. It would be nice to have a feature where you can "favorite" or "follow" threads and view these in a similar way to threads that you have posted to or started. Or is this already available? I've been told that I'm blind as a bat.

I see a lot of people making single posts that say "marked", and am assuming they do this so that they can follow the thread as a thread they have posted to.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, there are two separate things: rating and bookmarking. Sometimes people bookmark things but that shouldn't be taken as a vote of it being good or not.

I'd like to implement both but also a better view of topics you've posted on - more of a "view of topics that other people have posted on since you last posted / looked at them" which is probably more use and how most people think.

But rating posts (good or bad) is very useful for promoting the best content and also alerting to things that should be removed or at least hidden by default.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Well, since you mentioned it...... having a view to show posts since the last time I looked at a thread would be nice too.

Is the bookmark a global bookmark (similar to a sticky on other forums), or would this be a personal bookmark? I'd prefer a personal bookmark, if possible.

Thanks for all your hard work, Simon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit