Leaders

by Realist 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

do the people who lead this religion and who write all the stuff really believe what they write and teach??? it would be remarkable if a bunch of such braindead people would be able to run such a organization (would me almost make to believe that god has indeed a hand in this :)

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

You asked

>do the people who lead this religion and who write all the stuff >really believe what they write and teach???

I often wondered about that myself. I suspect that those with half a brain sooner or later find out it's all a big con but by then they are in it so deeply that they don't want to give up the power and authority they have over others, so few get out when they see the light. By this I mean the elders at the congregation level.

What do those higher up get out of it? They can't suddenly all live in big mansions and drive Feraries or the dummies would get suspicious so I ask myself what do the BORG buddies get out of it?

Is travelling the world and living in 5* hotels enough? Geting served hand and foot day and night is that enough? Do they do it because of the power it gives them over the real slaves in the organisation? the R&F JDubs

All the authority is in the hands of men. Women have no value in Jehovahs organisation. Men need to satify their egos by excercising authority over others.

I'm glad I got out and got my wife out at the same time, we are happy now, without her I would only be half a man. Is there something wrong with me? I don't think so.

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Russell seemed to believe some of what he wrote, especially the parts about how 'special' he was to God.

But Rutherford was a con man. While he was telling everyone else that a 'dead JW is better than an alternative service JW' he himself did everything he could think of to stay out of prison (See the essays posted by Amazing). Watchtower covered that up as long as they could by saying, among other things, that Rutherford and cronies were vindicated later which is a blatant lie. Rutherford buckled under some three times to keep his sorry backside out of prison even while other JW's later were killed becasue they would not even mend a jacket.

If the Watchtower leaders really believed they were God's true organization, they would not dare lie in print or on film as they have done. Or on their website either. If you really believe God will deal with liars, then you don't lie, and especially not this blatantly. Therefore, they don't seem to me even to believe in God at all.

I understand Fred Franz was very sincere. I assume that if Ray Franz was unaware of some of the Watchtower's background, then maybe Fred Franz was also.

As for some of these other religious leaders, the problem is, where to draw the line between self-delusion and sincerity?

As for my take on the subject, a really sincere person is not going to 'start' a religion. God doesn't tell people to run other peoples' lives.

Good topic.

• Realist
    Realist

they (how many guys are in charge? ) travel and life in 5* hotels? when and why?

do they write (or edit) the texts or is there a low level stuff (exceptionally gifted writes i might add!) who comes up with the watchtower and awake stories ?

• U.2.K.
    U.2.K.

It's not the Jehovah'Witness's TeAchings and Rules, it's Jehovah God & Jesus Christ Rules... So Realest if you gotta'problem with what the Witness teAch, take it up with the Creator, who Created you

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

U.2.K, would you like to buy a clue? Sure seems as if you need one.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • U.2.K.
    U.2.K.

Yea, holla at me!

• Realist
    Realist

@ U2K:
    sorry , how could i ever doubt the witnesses by this overwhelming lack of evidence?! :)

can you give me ANY evidence that supports the idea that these people are inspired?

• Matty
    Matty

This is something that confuses me more than anything, speaking as someone who has never really made a conscious decision to be a JW (or did I? I’m really not sure), but just got swept along by all my family. How do the leaders of the JW religion really feel – deep down, beneath the cheesy smiles?

I honestly can’t understand how anyone can believe this tosh (this from an active witness!). I wish I had some faith, but I don’t. I wish I could understand the mindset of the devout, unquestioning believer – particularly the people in authority, but do these people really exist? How genuine are they?

• teejay
    teejay

Realist,

I have never spent a single moment in conversation with any of the ‘higher ups’ but I’d imagine that some are convinced that God is directing them, but the majority smell something fishy

The problem is that the mind can work in such a way that the individual can proceed with every reason (clearly in front of them) NOT to. Dissonance, I think it’s called. Maybe Prof. Larc can drop by and drop some knowledge on us...

...the problem is, where to draw the line between self-delusion and sincerity? – Dungbeetle
    A question that could be debated for a long, long time, Dung. No doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit